Tuesday 2 January 2018

Kick-Ass 2 2013 by AverageMansReviews

Kick-Ass 2 2013 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor, I would like to say from the very beginning of this review whilst watching this film I was doing some other things [in a nutshell I got quickly bored of this sequel,] yes there are some good things in it but I still got quickly bored.

Voice-over/Time jump/Place jumps/Subtitle/Texts/
Background music/Fundamental core: now I really don't like the voice-over elements [from our lead role's perspective,] the film begins with Mindy McCready a.k.a. Hit-Girl training with David  Lizewski a.k.a. Kick-Ass [shooting scene or sequence and then the name of this film,] after that we have the word earlier on screen, this time jump is okay that is all I can say about it and yes now and again I think we still do get word or words on screen as place jumps [do I really need to highlight again I got bored with this title.]

Now moving on to the subtitles and texts, these are two separate things here meaning the audience gets subtitles in speech bubbles which if I was to pause the film I can read them and as it relates to the texts in this case I do mean there are two characters in this project actually sending each other texts once again if I was to pause the film I can read these elements, but to be fair the texts are easier to read if I had to pick one over the other.

Next the background music is a mixed bag sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't, the fundamental core generally speaking either works or it doesn't [for some strange reason whenever Mindy McCready a.k.a. Hit-Girl or Colonel Stars and Stripes is on screen,] this sequel has some kind of forward momentum but putting these two characters to one side and out of the film, this project feels really slow and hard work to watch.

Mindy McCready a.k.a. Hit-Girl and 
Colonel Stars and Stripes: let's talk about some of the good elements to this project, Mindy McCready a.k.a. Hit-Girl is an interesting character in this sequel, because at the beginning of this film you can see or feel that this character has slightly matured from the last film, but throughout this sequel she matures more as Mindy and as Hit-Girl.

Colonel Stars and Stripes, now if the truth was known the main reason I wanted to see this film was because of [Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes,] I know I have seen this film twice but I cannot remember how I have seen it but that is not important but what is important is this; this performer puts in a very good performance [Colonel Stars and Stripes is cool.]

Action sequences: the action sequences involving the previous two performers/characters are entertaining and yes the big action-packed sequence involving many characters is also entertaining.

Comedy level: there are elements of dark comedy in this sequel but if I had to pick the better dark comedy elements I would have to say the previous film title does it better than this one, let's be fair there are some funny moments in the action-packed sequences in this sequel as well such as when Hit-Girl takes on Mother Russia, Hit-Girl's speech bubble is funny but I cannot say it here, because of its adult contents [the reason for the speech bubble is Hit-Girl is speaking Russian.]

Art: now for the next elements to this sequel, when you come to watch this project now at some point there will be some new evildoers getting introduced in this sequel, now we get the background information on these characters, but we also get these small art scenes on screen when they get given their new names.

This film receives: 30% approval, I stand by what I said earlier about getting bored with this sequel [it took me at least two sittings I think to get through this project from beginning to end.] But there are some good points to it and to be fair if they wanted to do a Hit-Girl movie [I am not saying they will] I am just saying this; if they wanted to do that I would be more interested in seeing this character in a lead role position.


No comments:

Post a Comment