Wednesday 24 January 2018

John Wick: Chapter 2 2017 by AverageMansReviews

John Wick: Chapter 2 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is very good, but it does have its problems.

Cultural elements/Background music/Fundamental core: the cultural elements such as the subtitles they are okay, but at the same time they are confusing, from the perspective of sometimes they are being used while on other occasions they are not being used. Now I haven't mentioned this before because in this situation I could still read the subtitles or not, but on some occasions I am watching a film with somebody and they tell me what has just been said.

The background music is loud, easy to pick up on and for most of the time it does nothing for me. Moving on there are these place jump or place jumps, it is somewhat difficult to tell really I think one moment the audience is in [New York] America the next moment we are in Rome [Italy] and then back again at some point I think it is somewhat head scratching.

Now onto the fundamental core to this project and yes I am fully aware that I have discussed this already, but give me two minutes and you will see where I am going with this; the background music doesn't help the fundamental core for large amounts of this project, in fact I would have preferred no background music, because the thing is when you have a lead character which has many well-developed personality traits such as being intense, highly focused and moves with a purpose it could have been or maybe should have been really easy to base the fundamental core around this character with this dark atmosphere control instead or if you really, really have to have background music put something which works with the lead character, something slow and subtle and something which puts across to the audience that wherever this lead character goes he carries himself in this way at all times [intense, focused and ready to attack if necessary.]

Reeves/Fishburne/McShane/Rose: well it is always good to see Neo and Morpheus [sorry wrong film.] But seriously Reeves and Fishburne still have great chemistry in their dialogue exchanges to one another in this title. Reeves and McShane also have a very good chemistry in their dialogue exchanges, Reeves and Rose have likewise a very good chemistry between them, but their dialogue exchanges are interesting but still very good. All four of these performers put in strong performances to make their characters stand out in this sequel.

Action sequences: these elements are highly entertaining, great varieties in them such as many weapons being used, combat sequences, these sequences are put together to have a great flow to them and there are many other things, I am not being lazy by not talking about one specific scene or sequence, but I don't want to give any of them way but instead I will say this; these action sequences are lots and lots of fun.

This film receives: 77% approval, this sequel has been difficult to give a percentage of approval to, because it does have its problems as I have already said [you may have to forget about the background music being there,] but then again when this title is good it is enthusiastic mayhem [on a side note I had the subtitles on whilst watching heavy amounts of this film, there are some occasions where I used the subtitles facilities in some projects, I review, I will not be bringing this up again I'm just saying to be honest with my viewers or readers of my reviews.]


No comments:

Post a Comment