Sunday 21 January 2018

I Am Wrath 2016 by AverageMansReviews

I Am Wrath 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor to average.

News reports/Background music/Slow-motion/Cultural elements/Fundamental core: there are news reports throughout the opening credits, the background music is consistently there and it is easy to pick up on it, the slow-motion effects are annoying, they do stick out like a sore thumb and moving on to the cultural elements, they do consistently get used throughout this title [and on a side note I think there is one occasion where subtitles would have been useful based on the fact one character speaks another language and there are no subtitles to be seen.]

But there is more, there are mental imagery or voice over elements, sometimes with our lead character remembering what another character had said to him or when another character is reading this postcard from our lead character, I think there is also a place jump and time jump as well, because one minute a character dies, there is one scene or sequence and then we are at this character's funeral [I am not sure if there are anymore place jumps or anything like this.] Because there are many things happening on screen such as texts [conversations by mobile telephone] or background music or weapons being used or something else [on a side note this text is not easy to read, I got someone else to read it to me and any other reading that needed to be read.]

Travolta as Stanley Hill/ Meloni as Dennis: now if you want one reason [or if you want me to be precise two reasons why you should watch this title,] these two performers are it; you see individually or together they put in good performances and when they are together they have a good chemistry on screen.

Action sequences: they are okay, they do their job you know what I mean plenty of weapons being used or combat sequences or something else, they are not terrible but as I have already said they do their job.

This film receives: 44% approval, this is one of those titles that I could only see once if I had the choice [meaning if someone else chose to watch this project I may have to watch it with them,] this film just doesn't have much of a repeat viewing factor about it, but if Travolta and Meloni were contracted to do another film title together [I am talking about any film title] I would be interested in that and I know I was going to try to stop giving you a long list of elements in my headers, but I had so much to talk about.


No comments:

Post a Comment