Monday 11 December 2017

Tekken: Kazuya's Revenge 2014/15 [alternative name Tekken: A Man Called X] by AverageMansReviews

Tekken: Kazuya's Revenge 2014/15 [alternative name Tekken: A Man Called X] by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is just painful to watch.

Kazuya Mishima's memory things: I don't know where to begin this review, because this project is just really messy from beginning to end, we have a lot of mental imagery, flashbacks, voice-over elements and many other things, it does feel like these elements are being used as a fundamental core to this project [on a side note generally speaking the fundamental core to this project moves so slowly.] I can see why it move so slowly, if the fundamental core instantaneously has to move these elements in and out, in and out of this project consistently then it doesn't have much time to settle down, The only good thing about these elements are we the audience hear and sometimes see the character Heihachi. Before I finish this paragraph, I should just point out that our lead character goes by a different name in this project for most of the time; his name is "K."

Cultural elements/Slow-motion effects/Storyline: the cultural elements are easy to see and what is it with these slow-motion effects they are so boring every time they are used in one way or another, the storyline [without giving too much away is a prequel to the film title Tekken 2009/10] and it just isn't fun to watch.

Character developments/Performers: now there is only one character/performer I like in this project and I will be discussing him later, but for now let's get down to business, I felt nothing for these characters and the dialogue exchanges, well let's put it this way I was beginning to fall asleep by hearing these dialogue exchanges, at the start of this project I was rewinding the film just to make sure I heard them correctly, I soon gave up due to boredom and yes I had to stop the film just to try and wake up a little, but how can I put this nicely their dialogue exchanges kind of drifted between one another without any kind of get up and go to them.

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Heihachi: this character/performer has a big presence in whatever form he takes in this project, I think he does the voice-over elements, he is in the mental imagery and at some point he is physically in this project as well, when he is physically in this project, everything about this character feels real and it is always good to see this performers name on the cast of a project.

Action sequences: generally speaking they are okay, but the slow-motion effects in them now and again are irritating and tedious.

This film receives: 10% approval, in a nutshell this would be the first time and possibly the last time I see this film.


No comments:

Post a Comment