Wednesday 27 December 2017

Kick-Ass 2010 by AverageMansReviews

Kick-Ass 2010 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor to average.

Voice-over/Time jump/Place jumps/
Background music/Fundamental core: wow the voice-over elements [from our lead role's perspective] do very quickly become annoying that is all I have to say about them really, they are not fun or funny or interesting they are just very, very, very annoying. Time jump [I don't like the six months earlier time jump, it just feels lazy or just boring I cannot decide on which one or it could be both of these words, how about beginning the film from the beginning move it forward from there without time jumps or wording on screen and on a side note the words on screen thing gets used enough times for me to mention it in this review [that is where the place jumps come into effect because you get words on screen like some time later or something to that effect.]

Moving on the background music is a mixed bag really, sometimes it works with the scene or sequence and sometimes it just doesn't, generally speaking the fundamental core to this project is hard work, I had to take two or more stoppages just to get through this project.

Frank D'Amico/Damon Macready a.k.a. Big Daddy/
Mindy Macready a.k.a. Hit-Girl: these characters I liked they offer this film so much [I just want to point out one thing yes I do like these characters but there is one small piece of dialogue with one of these characters talking to Kick-Ass I had to use the subtitles facilities, because hey what can I say I was getting slowly more and more bored with this title, my concentration was wondering and just for the record I have very good hearing.

Action sequences: now any of Big Daddy's or Hit-Girl's action sequences are entertaining or fun with many things happening in them, they are well put together.

Comedy level: this is another element which sometimes works whilst other times it doesn't work [the dark] comedy level works such as this nutshell version of events a selection of evildoer characters are trying to get some information out of somebody [another evildoer character, whilst this person is standing in what seems to be a big microwave,] that is all I can say about it really, because as I have already said this is a dark comedy element and as many people look at my reviews I cannot be too precise. But still it is a good sequence, how can I put this nicely; dark comedy elements good whilst the other comedy elements become nails on a chalkboard to me and just on a side note I see when the Bazooka is getting used as a dark comedy/action scene or sequence.

Art: Damon Macready's art elements are very good.


This film receives: 48% approval, yes absolutely this film does have some good elements which throughout this review I have shown. But with saying that having to take breaks just to get through this project and let’s be honest my interest's in this title are based around some of the supporting characters and the main evildoer, this is why I came up with this percentage of approval [just before I finish, if someone would like to tell me why this film did the six months earlier thing please do? Because I am not sure if I have missed something or this is just how this film is.]

No comments:

Post a Comment