Saturday 23 December 2017

Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding 2003 [alternative name Baywatch: Hawaiian Reunion] by AverageMansReviews

Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding 2003 [alternative name Baywatch: Hawaiian Reunion] by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor to average.

Mental imagery/Slow-motion effects: well the mental imagery effect gets used quite a few times in this title and there are some slow-motion effects being used as well. Now in a nutshell if there are any other special effects being used in this project that I have missed out, at some point in this review I will be explaining why this is.

Background music/Place jump/Voice-over element: the background music is very annoying, it is just there you can hear it and as I may have said this already it is just very, very annoying. The place jump happens when these words are on screen [North Shore Hawaii.] The voice over element happens towards the very end of this project [voiced by our lead character.]

Storyline/Fundamental core: well I said earlier I would explain why I may have forgotten other little bits and pieces about this title and here we go, this storyline/fundamental core is so slow and for a lot of the time we have some characters not getting along and the other elements I have discussed already, to be honest with you I was consistently checking how many more minutes were left of this project for me to watch [what can I say; I was partly struggling to keep interested in this title,] don't get me wrong there are some good things about this project, like the elements I will be discussing next, but as I have seen this film now, I can say this; this film needs one character/performer for it to work properly and to give it some kind of forward momentum instead of just drifting from scene to scene or sequence to sequence, but I will discuss him later on.

Rescue sequences/Action sequences: let's be fair the next two sections of this review are the reason why I have found it difficult to give this project the right percentage of approval, because the rescue sequences are entertaining whenever they happen, the underwater scenes or sequences look good and the action sequences have weapons being used and other combat as well.

Cast: they all do well now I will move on to the one character/performer which makes a big impact either in this title or onto this title it doesn't matter, he just makes an impact Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Mason Sato, this film feels much better from the perspective of it looks and feels like it knows what it wants to do and it just gets on with it, I must point this out this character/performer needs to be on the screen full-time for his impact to take effect, I say this; because I think there are some scenes now and again where this character is on screen, but it isn't full-time.

This film receives: 42% approval, now whilst I have been dictating this review I have come up with many different percentages of approval some higher or some lower than this figure, yes it is poor but when it uses its strengths like the rescue or the action sequences or the cast then it does look and feel like a mixture between a poor heading towards being an average film title.


No comments:

Post a Comment