Wednesday 29 November 2017

Wild Card 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Wild Card 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is hard work to watch, don't get me wrong there are some good elements but still this film is hard work to watch nonetheless.

Time thing/Mental imagery/Slow-motion effects/
Fundamental core: now I have no idea what this time thing is meant to do in this project [words on the screen over a scene] Las Vegas Nevada last December, this lengthy sequence takes place and then the opening credits begin. The mental imagery [of any description] and the slow-motion effects are both really boring, the action sequences are okay but they would have done better in my opinion without any slow-motion effects or I cannot remember if this film uses any other special-effects, but this is one of those occasions where very little special-effects would have been better.

But moving on the fundamental core to this project is really, really slow it's like you are waiting for this film to kick into another gear and minus the action-packed sequences it just doesn't feel like or look like that this film wants to move at any great speed, it took me two sittings to get through this project, because it was struggling to keep my attention this is possibly why I cannot remember everything about it or my usual decent amount.

Action sequences: there are plenty of weapons being used or combat sequences or many other things. These sequences are hard-hitting and well put together.

Jason Statham as Nick Wild and Stanley Tucci as Baby: now when these two performers/characters work off one another, I did wake up, they do have a good chemistry and their dialogue exchanges have something of great value to offer this film, Statham does okay in the lead role position [it is one of those occasions where I think Statham does okay based on the fact he doesn't have much to work with in the first place.] The storyline itself doesn't have much to it and as I have already said the fundamental core generally speaking is poor and on a side note. Michael Angarano as Cyrus Kinnick and Jason Statham together do okay working off one another.

This film receives: 28% approval, yes this film has some good elements or okay elements, but how can I put this nicely it can be so, so boring.




No comments:

Post a Comment