Saturday 11 November 2017

Taken 3 2014 by AverageMansReviews

Taken 3 2014 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is consistently boring.

Fundamental core/Subtitles/Flashbacks/Information on a character: well before the opening credits the audience gets this sequence of events and then after the opening credits, this film doesn't get up and go it just drifts from scene to scene and yes when the action sequences are doing their thing, this film does move quicker but after these scenes have done their bit the film begins to return back to its slow movements. The subtitles, well, there is one scene where one character is using another language and there are no subtitles in fact I think there are some small scenes where once again we have characters using another language and there are no subtitles. But suddenly the subtitles appear in white text they are okay, I didn't read them because by this point I was so bored by this film title that I couldn't be bothered to read them.

The flashbacks or the information on a character, these two elements individually used this kind of flashback effect thing where as it relates to the first kinds of flashbacks, it shows some scenes we have seen before but from a different perspective, whilst the second flashbacks is information on a character [at the same time we have another character giving us voice-over,] he is talking to the other characters in this scene whilst we are seeing the history of this character and his connection to the project on a side note this is not the only time that the voice-over element is used there is another occasion where it is used but the film and this voice-over is moving forward with the same character doing the voice-over giving more information [to be honest with you I cannot remember if there are anymore voice-overs in this title ,] in a nutshell even though I have roughly explained what these elements do in this film I found them to be really boring.

Storyline/Character developments: on both elements I would like to say this: someone please wake me up when this film has finished, seriously are you telling me they couldn't come up with a better storyline than this; it quickly gets old so much so I was struggling to keep my focus on this film title and for the character developments they are nothing special.

Action sequences: there are plenty of things happening in these sequences and yes they can be entertaining.

This film receives: 17% approval, generally speaking yes the action-packed sequences can be hard-hitting and whatever, but putting these elements to one side for a moment, as I have already said at the beginning and throughout this review in one way or another I did find this film consistently boring.


No comments:

Post a Comment