Monday 2 October 2017

Batman Forever 1995 by AverageMansReviews

Batman Forever 1995 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: now I want to begin by saying this; it doesn't matter if it is this film in 1995 or Batman & Robin in 1997, I still can't watch these films comfortably [I have to watch them for an example an hour, then take a break or many breaks depending how things are going [may be continue watching them in the same day or different day,] you see it isn't like other projects usually even when I have to stop them something either comes up or it is late or something else [I have or had the intention of watching the project all the way through,] it feels like I have to use time management with these projects which isn't fun.

Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey: Two-Face [Jones] and The Riddler [Carrey,] these three characters have a really good chemistry and are the biggest positives to this project by some distance [and when I say some distance I mean from the Earth to the Moon that kind of distance.]

Their dialogue exchanges always seem to keep the film going forward at a decent speed, their interesting comedy elements are within the boundaries of their three character developments, for one example you have Two-Face teaching The Riddler how to punch someone properly. Two-Face [goes first at hitting this person no problems ] and then The Riddler [even with taking in Two-Face's instructions he still hurts himself hitting someone that isn't moving] or another example briefly is where we have these three characters sitting down to have a game of Battleships with a real life element to it.

On a side note I should just going to a little bit, why I keep saying three characters, Because that is what we have here The Riddler, Two-Face and Harvey Dent. Because of the character developments of Harvey Dent and Two-Face physically being of one body, but everything else is separate this is why they are both strongly linked to their coin, it makes the final decisions for them on everything.

Film looks: this film looks terrible [as does the 1997 film as well,] but the reason why I didn't say too much about that [I think I referenced the physical appearance of Bane just being a no-no, but let's be honest that film just based on its visual experience alone is just awful and whilst I am on the subject, that project has so many elements poor or bad to it that I couldn't really discuss everything.

But I digress back onto this film, let me put it this way it is a good job that Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones individually or together put in high-quality performances, because some of what Jim Carrey wears in this project is just bad or his hairstyles doesn't help to take him seriously at all. The side of Two-Face and not of Harvey Dent is something I struggle to take seriously, because it looks like it hasn't been taken seriously in the first place.

Bad comedy elements: the first thing is there are many moments throughout this project, but I will just pick two, the first is where Alfred is trying to get Batman to take some sandwiches with him and Batman says something to the effect of "I will get drive-through." The second is where we have Bruce Wayne running through this door which is close, because he thinks someone is in danger [this entire sequence and even the scene after this sequence is not something I find funny or I can take seriously.]

Action sequences: there is only one action sequence in this project which is interesting and different [and not forgetting once again something I can see that has been taken seriously or there is no cheapness or cheesiness attached to this sequence,] Briefly having the Batmobile going up the side of this building whilst he is trying to get away from Two-Face and his henchmen.

This film receives: 40% approval, this percentage of approval is meant to highlight, that this project has many problems but it does have some good points to it as well and as it goes for Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne/Batman, he does okay I mean he is in the middle of my list, as Batman's go, he is not the worst but he is not the best either.








No comments:

Post a Comment