Wednesday 13 September 2017

The Incredible Hulk 2008 by AverageMansReviews

The Incredible Hulk 2008 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: now throughout the years I have tried to like this film but I just can't do it, it either puts me to sleep or irritates me.

Storyline/Subtitles: well to be honest yet factual even at the beginning stages [throughout the opening sequences we have another storyline element,] it's like saying to its audience's "We are starting again and hopefully you may forget the other film title in 2003" [Hulk 2003.] The subtitles are just irritating, because there are some occasions where the text is white with something faintly behind it I think, I can get away with saying I think, because when there is something white in the scene it somewhat clashes with the text, yes you can still see the subtitles but it becomes very difficult, [I should point out the subtitles are brief,] but as you may have noticed already, this film is going to have to work hard for me to be positive about it in any way shape or form.

Action sequences: yes these may look big, explosive and so on. But they do nothing for me, I have no idea why this is but it may have something to do with the fact that there is nothing special about them [you know what I mean, something that stands out, something that looks different,] other than being loud plenty of weapons being used, even Hulk vs. Abomination felt tiresome.

Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/Abomination: now having said all of this there is one thing or element to this project I actually liked and it would be this performer, you see throughout his career he has been somebody I can rely on to be interesting in any role and the same can be said for this role, he just takes this character and runs with it [I should just point out I haven't seen every project that this performer has been a part of, but I have seen a very large amount of his work,] but I digress his dialogue exchanges in this role are impactful [as in some occasions he asks a simple question in a very direct manner, no messing around and no wasting time.]

Lou Ferrigno: honourable mention this performer has a long-term connection to the Hulk as [the Hulk in The Incredible Hulk TV program 1978 to 1982 including some TV films, other bits and pieces as well] without giving too much away you will see this performer in one scene in this project and one scene in the 2003 film title as well.

This film receives: 20% approval yes it is very true I don't like this film title that much, but it is slightly better than the 2003 film title and on top of that Tim Roth makes things interesting for me when he is on screen.




No comments:

Post a Comment