Saturday 30 September 2017

Bridge of Spies 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Bridge of Spies 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: I know usually I wouldn't be this cut and dry but it will make sense throughout this review.

Without Tom Hanks: there are some stages without this lead role in this film and how can I put this nicely, this project feels slower and it loses some of its direction without him on screen.

With Tom Hanks: this title is enjoyable as James B. Donovan has a massive control over the fundamental core of this title, this character can be a quick speaker [when it is the right time to do so,] an highly intelligent man that can focus the conversation on one topic [even though the other person he is talking to maybe attempting to switch topics] or he can open up the conversation topics to focus on different elements or something else [depending where you are in this project,] even though what I have said here is quite slow, the dialogue exchanges including different topic switches happens naturally and sometimes quickly [so pay attention when you come to watch this project.]

Mark Rylance as Rudolf Abel: now between this character and James B. Donovan [Tom Hanks,] they have some excellent dialogue exchanges such as the situation which this character is in or some stories or just now and again some little comments of a comical nature.

Subtitles/Words on screen: yes I know I am not a strong reader, but with that being said this film really could have done with subtitles at some points in this project. The words on screen I think are at the beginning and at the end of this title, in a nutshell they are too small for me to read comfortably.

This film receives: 73% approval, this percentage just about feels right and yes as I haven't said this for some time I never discuss every single element of any project, this is because I really, really don't like giving everything away. But I digress as long as Tom Hanks is on screen this film is somewhere between good to almost really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment