Monday 21 August 2017

TRON: Legacy 2010 by AverageMansReviews

TRON: Legacy 2010 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: I have to be honest I do find it difficult to like this sequel, because it leans too hard on the special effects or anything related to the special effects and on a side note it would help if these special effects were not a mixture between pretty or pretty ugly.

Storyline: it makes sense, but there is one problem with this storyline it only really works, if there is going to be a sequel sometime soon [just for the record I am not saying that there will be a sequel in the future,] but what I am saying is this; this kind of storyline only works properly if there was going to be a sequel, because without saying too much as it is right now, it has that unfinished feel to it which in turn makes this sequel pointless in every sense of the word.

Artistic visions/Vehicles/Weapons/Action sequences: well as I may have said already in a different way, the artistic visions are a mixed bag so for a couple of minutes, let me focus on the positives. Generally speaking the landscapes are elegant and soft on the eyes as they have a futuristic feel to them without being too much over the top.

Now you may have noticed I was a little bit specific when I said vehicles and weapons, this is because I like the look of them and how they have been updated as it relates to some vehicles or weapons being used in this sequel from the original film title in 1982, they look eye-catching and intimidating.

But as it relates to the action-packed sequences and the other special effects being used in this project, I just don't like them in the slightest, you see [yes I know this is going to sound strange.] Even though this is a fantasy world I am discussing here, the original film makes its audiences a part of their world, so in essence what happens is this; the audience gets a very slight sense of realism from the original.

But because this film title uses so much bright and heavily colourful sequences, it is really difficult to overcome the separation from our world to their world and back again.

Cast: they all do okay.


This film receives: 27% approval, there are some good moments to this project, but there are not enough to keep me consistently interested and not forgetting the storyline needs a sequel just to finish off what is actually happening [I am going to say this again I am not saying there will be a sequel,] I'm just saying it could do with one and on a side note I had to have a break, because something came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment