Saturday 29 July 2017

Captain Phillips 2013 by AverageMansReviews

Captain Phillips 2013 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is very good.

Subtitles: they are very irritating, because they are either too quick on or off screen or sometimes the text clashes depending on what colour is underneath them [yes I may have reading difficulties, but I miss the old film titles that use big text in either a black box or a very thick black line are around the words, I may have said this in other reviews when subtitles are in effect, but still it is a valid point nonetheless.

Cast: all seem to understand their characters really well, including the atmosphere in this very volatile situation as every performer either the instigators of this situation or the seamen trying to transport these goods. The crew: their reactions to this situation are firstly appropriate and secondly how this crew adapts to this situation has been really well shown.

I do like how each performer just goes with the intensity as it relates to feeding off the emotions and the atmosphere in every scene and when the situation changes everything changes with it as well, so throughout this film its audiences feel just a little bit of what these characters are going through at the same time.

This film receives: 73% approval, now taking everything into consideration I did like this film, but the subtitles are very distracting, as I was trying to work out what had just been said, it interrupts the flow of the film for me [on a side note I should just say there is nothing wrong with my eyes,] but having this style of text on screen does me no favours whatsoever


No comments:

Post a Comment