Monday 6 May 2024

Marlowe 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Marlowe 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/offensive flag/shooting/reference to Russia and reference to possibly being gay/shooting/breaking/torture/burning/drugs

Simply put a void this film is buy any cost, which is slightly comical/hypocritical thing based on I had to buy this to find this out: briefly; Philip Marlowe [Philip Marlowe:] he is a Private Detective hired to find Nico Peterson [François Arnaud:] he is a  prop master at a Film Studio.

Generally speaking: now usually I would break things down, but in this case will quickly say that this entire film is like 90% garbage, don't get me wrong the set designs, costumes and all-round presentation looks clean and tidy [just to cover my back I understand that these flags were a sign of the times in 1939, but I don't condone them in the slightest, so everything is a positive.] The framework and pacing of this 109 minutes film is god-awful, I mean yes towards the very late stages in the action sequences are okay, you know they do their job. But besides that this film never gets going to the point where I actually fell asleep. All we have is people standing around talking, followed by more talking followed by guess what more talking, I even tried saying to the person I watch some of this content with, it will get going in a minute, but other than what they have just made reference to it doesn't, it is also worthwhile pointing out that the person I watch some of this content with said the following if Liam Neeson wasn't in this film I would have stopped watching. So if you are a fan of Neeson, you could watch this film, but keep your expectations incredibly low like to centre of the Earth kind of low. The character developments are; when solid versions of what they are meant to be and their performances reflect that also.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; well with me falling asleep and completely losing interest in this project and the person I watched this film saying what they had to say about it, I am glad I kind of got through it, never see it again and I have clearly acknowledged that there are some positives, but it is a counterbalance situation where the poor aspects very much outweigh the positives are. But somehow this film has two accredited to its name; 2 Nominees Irish Film and Television Awards 2023 IFTA Awards VFX Ed Bruce Jim O'Hagan and at the same award ceremony/event Best Lead Actor - Film Liam Neeson

No comments:

Post a Comment