Thursday 30 May 2024

Average Extra of: Is The Crow 2024 going to be a financial success or dead and buried? by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Is The Crow 2024 going to be a financial success or dead and buried? by AverageMansReviews

Disclaimer/Speculation: straight off the bat, let's get this out of the way with, I will go and see this film, providing I can find a suitable time or failing that I will see it anyway at some time and I will be using a drop of speculation in this content but as you will come to read it is a fair as in reasonable speculation.

What the hell are they thinking?: There is no way in hell I would have brought this project to life with a reboot. Because I am of the generation that knows full well what happened in a nutshell and let's stick to the facts; we heard Brandon Lee as Eric Draven/The Crow; he absolutely made this character/role his break-through/iconic performance and this 1994 classic was released in the right era; as it was the era of grunge/rock [basically what I'm saying is all the stars aligned at precisely the right moment for this project to be released] as this film is a slice of that culture back then, you may be wondering where the hell is he going with this? You had Brandon Lee which for the younger generation out there had on reflection but after him Heath Ledger as Joker [The Dark Knight 2008;] where after these two individual performances they were speculated to be the next big thing in their own point in history, but they both tragically died Lee was a gunshot, whilst Ledger was an accidental overdose.

Yes I have seen some trailers of The Crow 2024 and I think it is just going to be problematic for whatever side of the fence you sit on or even including for those that are sitting on the fence. Where I did say from earlier the 1994 version had that 1990's culture presentation and feel I get none of that from this film as in the culture component or/and none of what Eric Draven/The Crow feels for his beloved and/or he has short hair which is a massive no-no and just to finish this section of his face make-up is just a massive No; in short it doesn't have the IT.

I'm not joking and no I'm not being woke here but I would have much preferred a female take on The Crow, just so that I could get away from this reboot because I am of the belief it shouldn't have been rebooted just out of firstly respect and secondly good luck filling those direct boots Bill SkarsgÄrd. But however were I would have gone for females that I know can put in an action performance and in-hopefully grow into the role of Erica Draven/The Crow, I mean they could even take the angle of Eric being her uncle or grandpa that she is named after, that she didn't know much about but has been named after and strangely enough she likes playing the guitar as well. Hopefully by doing this angle and pay respect to Eric Draven/Lee, I am not getting this version to take over from the male equivalent, I am just going with a slight bit of comedy of how could a similar thing happened to one family twice and on top of that she is going to make her own path and the record I don't care if she happens to be bisexual actually it would probably be better if she was as there would open up the avenue of she sees everyone has the same quality for putting foot posterior; the performers I would look at would be Anya Taylor-Joy, Daisy Ridley or older Katie Cassidy, Michelle Rodriguez or Florence Kasumba.

I have also found out that allegedly [just in case it happens to be wrong] that the budget for this film is only $50 million, which could indicate that; that is all they needed or I am leaning towards that is all they were willing to risk on this project meaning hypothetically this film could be potentially absolutely garbage which if it is the case why bring it out in the first place? I think that unfortunately this film may quite possibly/probably will be dead on arrival when it comes to the box office, I mean the person I watch some of this content with said as they have also seen a trailer for this film and I am paraphrasing; he doesn't look like he has any charisma or anything like that, it doesn't look like or feel like The Crow film.

So for me; we will have to wait and see, but if you want an out and out answer to if this film is going to be a financial success or not? No and if it does I will be surprised, because as soon as word of mouth goes around that this film is hypothetically speaking poor or potentially a disappointing reboot then no one is going to spend money to see it. I know this is completely different but also a similar problem with Twister [1996] and its sequel yes I said sequel Twisters [2024] why are we getting it? I know they kind of got away with it with Independents Day [1996] and then its sequel Independence Day: Resurgence [2016] but my point is this and I will finish this content on this point; eventually the luck of rebooting these franchises or/sequels of a long time apart will eventually run out

 

No comments:

Post a Comment