Sunday 1 October 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW WrestleDream 2023 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW WrestleDream 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Zero Hour Matches:

Josh Barnett vs. Blackpool Combat Club's Claudio Castagnoli; Singles Match: my pick is Blackpool Combat Club's Claudio Castagnoli. I should imagine this is going to be a case of even in defeat Barnett will be getting pulled over.

Luchasaurus vs. Nick Wayne; Singles Match: my pick is Luchasaurus. I just have to say that this is stupid booking, because I have been in one way or another keeping up-to-date or trying to keep up to date with wrestling and wouldn't this essentially harm Wayne's progression, as in win lose or draw Wayne does not really need to be completely squashed at this moment in time.

Shane Taylor Promotions: Shane Taylor & Lee Moriarty, Diamante & Mercedes Martinez vs. Satoshi Kojima, Keith Lee, Athena & Billie Starkz; Eight-Person Mixed Tag Team Match: my pick is Satoshi Kojima, Keith Lee, Athena & Billie Starkz. Any team with Lee has or should have a excellent chance of picking up the W. Now how can I put this nicely [ and I am really trying to do this nicely,] what the hell is Lee doing off the main card, I mean your pay-per-view TK is called AEW WrestleDream 2023, so just off the top of my head you couldn't get Lee vs.Luchasaurus vs. Powerhouse Hopps vs. Miro; Fatal-Four-Way Match winner to receive a AEW TNT Championship opportunity sometime in the future. I mean that is worthy of being placed on this card and what really annoys me is you could have any outcome you wanted and everyone would be happy and if you're wondering how long that took me to put together including dictating it, I would say about at most 12 minutes.

TMDK: Shane Haste, Mikey Nicholls & Bad Dude Tito vs. Champs The Acclaimed: Anthony Bowens and Max Caster & Billy Gunn; Six-Man Tag Team Match for the AEW World Trios Championship: my pick is The Acclaimed: Anthony Bowens and Max Caster & Billy Gunn. Well to be honest I am not even going to try and be nice, why the hell are these Trios Championships not even on the main card, the more often they are not featured on the main card, the more you are slowly devaluing and taking the prestige of them. I mean on top of that you could have booked Scorpio Sky, Wayne and Brock Anderson [with  Arn Anderson] or Ethan Page and Private Party: Isiah Kassidy & Brother Zay Marq Quen if they are fit and cleared to wrestle, basically give me something that tells me that these championships could be lost, because no disrespect to who has been booked here, I don't know you but I can tell you that these championships are going anywhere this night.

Ricky Starks vs. Blackpool Combat Club's Wheeler Yuta; Singles Match: my pick is Ricky Starks. To continue his progression even though it will be at the expense of Yuta.

The NJPW Strong Openweight Champion & the ROH Champion Eddie Kingston vs. the ROH Pure Champion Katsuyori Shibata; Singles Match for both the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship and the ROH Pure Championship: my pick is Katsuyori Shibata. I would have preferred to see a ladder match stipulation in place here, that way at minimum regardless of the result everyone is partly protected from the loss as in no one being pinned or submited

The Golden/The Elite's The Young Bucks: Matt & Nick Jackson vs.Bullet Club Gold's The Gunns: Austin & Colten Gunn vs. Death Triangle's The Lucha Brothers: the AEW International Champion Rey Fenix & El Zero Miedo [with Alex Abrahantes] vs. the FTW Champion Hook & Orange Cassidy; Four-Way Tag Team Match for a future AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: my pick is The Elite's The Young Bucks: Matt & Nick Jackson. Before I continue I know wrestling is a predetermined sport. Now I have said that, I can now state if we get to Young Bucks vs. the AEW World Tag Team Champions FTR: Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood organically again at some point in the future this scenario/match slot is how I would have done it as well; yes this is purely based on opinion/speculation.

The House of Black's Julia Hart [with Brody King] vs. Champ Kris Statlander; Singles Match for the AEW TBS Championship: my pick is Kris Statlander. The result here is irrelevant, because this is one of those match slots, that I am hoping they have planned out correctly, where it is about putting over Hart, making her look better for having this match and hopefully been somewhat creative with the ending of this match. Where before the referee counts 3, the lights go out and then they come back on again but Hart and King are nowhere to be seen, Statlander and the referee are confused to what has just happened, so the referee does the only thing they can do and that is begin the 10 count, so Statlander is victorious, Hart has lost but is protected and it further the potential for the next chapter of the feud at some point and leans into The House of Black's ominous foreboding ethos.

Darby Allin vs. Champ Christian Cage [with Luchasaurus;] Two out of Three Falls Match for the AEW TNT Championship: my pick is Darby Allin. I will speed this up a little; it is 1-1 on the scoreboard Luchasaurus has already gotten involved once, it looks like Cage is going to steal this one and retain. But the music hits; here comes Adam Copeland [formerly known as Edge] I would like to do a plant from he comes out of the crowd to deal with Luchasaurus, but I don't want him to get involved directly in this match, I warned him to remain neutral until the next episode of AEW: Dynamite he is just here to make sure things go down fairly so if Christian wins he will have to do it on his own and fairly

The Elite's "Hangman" Adam Page vs. The Mogul embassy's Swerve Strickland [with Prince Nana;] Singles Match: my pick is The Mogul embassy's Swerve Strickland [with Prince Nana.] Even though I have lots of AEW content to watch on TV. Over the recent times I have completely lost interest in Page, to the point where what was I thinking about saying he could be the AEW version of Shawn Michaels. Yes Page can wrestle but it is everything else outside of the ring and the same position he finds himself in within his feuds roughly speaking this whole down and out thing is getting tiresome or has gotten tiresome. Ironically and what I find amusing is that of what I've seen of this feud Strickland has made reference to he wants Page's spot I know it is done in kayfabe, but seasoned wrestling fans including everyone else in the wrestling business would know the best storylines are mixed slightly in reality and in reality Strickland has comfortably done more than enough to take Page's spot in the pecking order of things as it seems like you could give him anything to work with and he will make something out of it, that is the hallmark of a main eventer and a GOAT [Greatest of All Time.]

The United Empire's Aussie Open: Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. Champs FTR: Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood; Tag Team Match for the AEW World Tag Team Championships: my pick is FTR: Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood. Just because to fit in with what I said earlier involving the Jacksons, because if that wasn't because of that I would like to see the championship drop here, just to freshen things up and Aussie Open continuously have banging matches so I don't expect anything different here and the future if they were given these championships at some point in the future.

The Righteous: Vincent & Dutch vs. One half of the ROH Tag Team Champions/the AEW World Champion MJF; 2-on-1 Handicap Match for the ROH World Tag Team Championship: my pick is One half of the ROH Tag Team Champions/the AEW World Champion MJF. Now straight off the bat; if we get new champions here, it would indicate how bad/how long Adam Cole is out for, I should just point out that this is speculation/opinion. But and I am not being arrogant now; if they don't have an outlay something to the effect of what I am now about to put down; it will absolutely destroy the credibility The Righteous: Vincent & Dutch. We are coming to the closing stages of this match slot; it looks like MJF is going to lose these tag team championships. But from out of nowhere this Devil character comes out of nowhere with his disciples; Devil character and MJF go face-to-face. I mean it depends how deep they want to go early on with this Devil character really, because this Devil character and MJF could indicate to one another; don't I know you from somewhere? or I am you and you are me or what used to be me, but whatever the case MJF always looking at this Devil character goes in for the pin takes the win and gets the hell out of there.

Chris Jericho & The Golden Elite/The Elite's: Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs. The Don Callis Family: Konosuke Takeshita, Sammy Guevara & The United Empire's Will Ospreay [with Don Callis;] Six-Man Tag Team Match: my pick is The Don Callis Family: Konosuke Takeshita, Sammy Guevara & The United Empire's Will Ospreay [with Don Callis.] This is a simple booking decision if Tony Kahn wants this faction to be successful, he will have to give them a win here on a pay-per-view stage, that is nice and easy and simple.

Blackpool Combat Club 's Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.; Singles Match: my pick is Blackpool Combat Club 's Bryan Danielson. This match is going to be a banger, let's be honest here either outcome would be acceptable.

On a final note; I am not too sure if they have enough matches on the night of wrestling [for those that cannot pick up sarcasm,] I am being sarcastic, it is too much and/or so where is the AEW Women’s Champion Outcasts’ Saraya or is it we go we have one women’s match on a card at one time TK?

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment