Wednesday 30 August 2023

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE WrestleMania IX 04/04/1993 Match 3 Part 3 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE WrestleMania IX 04/04/1993   Match 3 Part 3 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Warning/Disclaimer: there is some lights being used. Disclaimer I have never been or are likely to be a professional wrestler

Match/Stipulation: Crush vs. Doink the Clown; Singles Match

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 7/10

Match Slot Storyline: 7/10

Crowd Participation: 7/10

On Commentary: "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jim Ross & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan/" Wiesel" 7/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 7/10

Recommend Watch: 7/10

Match Total: 42/60 - this match/match slot is good

Comments: this match/match slot is solidly good in one way or another it plays into these wrestlers/characters strengths. I will begin with the commentary table/team; basically Heenan points out that this action is unfair, because the bell hasn't gone yet. But I can reassure you it had gone already a short time ago and yes just to make sure I replayed this moment. Heenan makes reference to Clown falling backwards when he was on the top turnbuckle, but he didn't fall backwards, okay the occasion that Heenan is making reference to; it happens at the bottom right turnbuckle even Savage points out he almost falls off, this is where Heenan adds backwards. I would say that the Crown looks okay, but I would say he looks a bit jittery. Later on Savage makes reference to this situation again as in he almost fell off last time or something to that effect. What irritates me about this is yes they talk about he can wrestle as it relates to the Crown, but what they don't make reference to his there are two occasions where it comes off the top turnbuckle and they don't make reference to it whatsoever. Ross point out how perfect a piledriver is being performed by the Crown, which is true. But however and before I continue I need to point out that this just may be Crush's hairstyle of the mullet including the possibility of his height as well, but you can clearly see his head after the clown's legs, just to make sure I don't have any repercussions verbally for this; I know there is a height difference between these two wrestlers and I refer you back to my disclaimer. I am sure the Clown and everything goes okay for this move; it is just everyone knows if you have been around wrestling long enough what happens when this particular move Or a version of this move goes wrong and in fairness and balance Crush looks absolutely fine after this as he continues the match. I knew if I didn't bring up this point I would run the risk of getting some backlash maybe some time now or in the future.

Back to the commentary team, to be honest they are beginning to get a little bit tiresome and full disclosure, it may not be their fault I then they are getting fed these lines but who knows. Ross makes reference to this Referee [Joey Marella] makes reference to the referee lying there motionless and Savage makes reference to no he is just out cold that is all he is and then we have Heenan chipping in with; he's down and guess what he can't get back up. I mean these are basically and roughly the same thing or at minimum they are in the same ballpark, it just comes across as they are stepping on each other's toes and I know Heenan is meant to be a heel on commentary. But this consistent bickering for an example about Ross' background is becoming so a little bit tedious.

Basic Result: Doink the Clown picks up the W.

Basic walk-through of this event:

* "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jim Ross & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan/"Wiesel": Commentary talk about what they have just seen over live goings-on including Doink the Clown's theme music "Evil Behind the Makeup"

* Referee: Bill Alfonso comes quickly down to the ring to inform his referee colleague Marella that shady goings-on to place have a quick investigation and Alfonso assists Marella to the back and yes on top of this we have the commentary team talking about this shadiness as well.

* Todd Pettengill: Interviewer is in the audience/crowd, he asks these Japanese media some questions and let's just say using political correctness without getting myself cancelled, it goes as well as you expect it to go. Yes this is good light wood for; whatever this was meant to be I am not even touching it, it isn't bad but as I have already indicated in this day in age I am not going to get myself cancelled. But I digress; Razor Ramon's theme music hits "Bad Boy" Pettengill sends us down to the ring.

* Finkus Maximus: Ring announcer the stipulations and then introduces the competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment