Sunday 25 June 2023

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door 2023 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Just a heads up: let's be honest I don't know anything about some of these wrestlers and yes some of these matches may not be in the right chronological order, but as long they get them down who cares.

Buy-In: Billie Starkz vs. the ROH Women's World Champion Athena; Women's Owen Hart Cup Tournament First Round Match: my pick is Athena. I know as we can clearly see she has a championship to her name, but it would be good to see her have a good run in the tournament as well.

Buy-In: United Empire's: Jeff Cobb, Kyle Fletcher & TJP vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon's: Shingo Takagi, Bushi & Hiromu Takahashi; Six-Man Tag Team Match: my pick is United Empire's: Jeff Cobb, Kyle Fletcher & TJP. United Empire it’s going to be a good night for the United Empire.

Buy-In: Stu Grayson [with The Righteous: Vincent & Dutch] vs. El Phantasmo; Singles Match: my pick is Stu Grayson [with The Righteous: Vincent & Dutch.] Full disclosure I roughly, by pinch of salt roughly know what narrative they are going with here that Grayson can become a big force with joining The Righteous, but at some point the AEW/ROH hierarchy correction Tony Kahn has to realise that he has a second opportunity to fix one of his biggest mistakes that anything around Grayson or just Grayson individually should have had a championship by now he truly is a diamond in the rough.

Buy-In: Mogul Embassy's: Swerve Strickland, Toa Liona & Bishop Kaun [with Prince Nana] vs. Roppongi Vice [Rocky Romero & Trent Beretta] & El Desperado; Six-Man Tag Team Match: my pick is Mogul Embassy's: Swerve Strickland, Toa Liona & Bishop Kaun [with Prince Nana.] We all know what is coming up after this match in this match slot, it will be a saving angle from Natural Glory: Dustin Rhodes & Keith Lee to go up against  Mogul Embassy's: Swerve Strickland, Toa Liona & Bishop Kaun. I should think I'm not alone when I say this; but can we please, please really please bring this feud to an end between basically Strickland and Lee, I can't be specific on when it began that is how long it has been going on, it seems to be forever. But everyone in this feud is just like in this inevitable loop it's like going on a treadmill am not going anywhere. I mean just stick them all in a Blood and Guts Match at AEW All In 2023, for feud progression you could have weeks leading up to this of Natural Glory trying to find members of to fill out their team, but every time they are named, they are taken out by Mogul Embassy so Natural Glory come up with the idea just to have them heading to this event with question-marks over who are there other members, so they could have this big reveal at AEW All In

The Jericho Appreciation Society's: [Le Suzuki Gods: Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara] & Minoru Suzuki vs. Sting & Darby Allin & Tetsuya Naito; Six-Man Tag Team Match: my pick is Sting & Darby Allin & Tetsuya Naito. This is just designed for a massive pop, because we don't know how many more times Sting will be at this pay-per-view.

United Empire's Will Osprey vs. Champ The Elite's Kenny Omega; Singles Match for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship: my pick is United Empire's Will Osprey. Obviously this match/match slot is going to be great, but this is just going to be a clear case of how do we make wrestlers/on-screen character look strong and get where we need to go? Yes I did just say on-screen character as well as wrestlers; both of these wrestlers are going to be somewhat protected by this result, if it goes at minimum a little like I expected to go; with Konosuke Takeshita or/and Don Callis distracting the referee so that Takeshita can cost Omega this championship, which progresses everything nicely and after this event Omega can set his sights on and only Takeshita.

The Blackpool Combat Club's Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada; Singles Match: my pick is The Blackpool Combat Club's Bryan Danielson. Maybe these two wrestling impressions could come up with a story arc where the BCC is dominant within their own promotion, but it is slightly different when they go up against wrestlers from NJPW [New Japan Pro-Wrestling,] yes I know I have gone for Danielson here, but I would expect it to be close or maybe a different result altogether.

"Jungle Boy" Jack Perry [with the FTW Champion Hook] vs. Champ Sanada; Singles match for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: my pick is Sanada. I can't be the only one hoping that both of these champions I have a stare down, because it would be very interesting to see what Hook could do in NJPW as his wrestling style would fit in with this promotion as well as AEW.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Champ MJF; Singles Match for the AEW World Championship: my pick is MJF. Simply put I can't see him losing any time soon, maybe and this is just me speculating here, maybe even at the end of 2023 like December or I would feel more comfortable suggesting AEW Revolutions 2024 to even maybe a debut.

Blackpool Combat Club's: [Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta, & the ROH World Champion Claudio Castagnoli Konosuke,] Takeshita [with Don Callis] & Shota Umino vs. The Elite ["Hangman" Adam Page, Matt & Nick Jackson,] Eddie Kingston & Tomohiro Ishii: my pick is The Elite ["Hangman" Adam Page, Matt & Nick Jackson,] Eddie Kingston & Tomohiro Ishii. Even though this event is taking place in Canada The Elite or/and members of The Bullet Club at one point or another were/are big in NJPW, I think the crowd would appreciate seeing The Elite going over here and if the first part goes away I think it is probably going to go Omega will show up to begin seeking revenge on Takeshita for costing him the match and his championship earlier in the night so to finish off this match slot you will probably have The Elite with their associates standing tall to create this moment in the ring, but could we also try to avoid any major injuries such as confessions please and thank you. The only reason I bring it up here, is because well if you know, you know that by reputation that these wrestlers are hard hitters or highfliers, I know that they wouldn't go out to potentially hurt one another and I am fully aware that this is part and parcel of wrestling, but it would be nice to hear that everyone got through this match/slot relatively unharmed.

CM Punk vs. Satoshi Kojima; Men's Owen Hart Cup Tournament First Round Match: my pick is CM Punk. I may not be too keen on him, but it would be foolish not to have him involved in this tournament, he probably will make it to the final of this year's tournament.

The NJPW World Television Champion Zack Sabre Jr. vs. the ROH Pure Champion Katsuyori Shibata vs. The Jericho Appreciation Society's the PWG World Champion Daniel Garcia vs. the AEW International Champion The Best Friends' Orange Cassidy; Four-Way Match for the AEW International Championship: my pick is The Best Friends' Orange Cassidy. I suspect he will remain champion until AEW All In 2023, when he loses to be returning the Death Triangle's PAC to win this championship in his home country of England in Wembley Stadium, I should just point out this is purely speculation, but I was thinking I would add it in here now, so I could possibly make reference to it later.

The NJPW Strong Women's Champion Willow Nightingale vs. The Outcasts' the AEW Women's Champion Toni Storm [with Ruby Soho;] Singles Match for the AEW Women's Championship: my pick is The Outcasts' the AEW Women's Champion Toni Storm [with Ruby Soho.] With probably a returning Saraya to assist her Outcast trio, but hopefully two other female wrestlers come down to balance out the numbers to possibly set up a trios tag team match at some point down the line.

Adam Cole vs. Tom Lawlor; Singles Match: my pick is Adam Cole. I know nothing about Lawlor, but on a quick research he looks to be a beast of a man that is a retired mixed-artial artist turned wrestler, so this match/match slot is going to be good and hopefully they can put over each other Cole for picking up the W and Lawlor for working a match with Cole so they both look better for having this match.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment