Wednesday 22 February 2023

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/stabbing/shooting/cutting/regenerating/burning/torture

We're all going on a unscheduled holiday to the Quantum Realm: after Scott Lang/Ant-Man/Giant Man [Paul Rudd:] an ex-criminal, an Avenger and loving father to Cassie Lang [Kathryn Newton:] which is now 18, very intelligent an activist which like her father has spent some behind bars, she isn't a bad person it is just she knows what is right and sticks up for the little individuals. Scott and Hope van Dyne/Wasp [Evangeline Lilly:] are still together, but now she has taken back her farther's business as the head of the Pym van Dyne Foundation and not forgetting she is happy to have her father Dr. Hank Pym [Michael Douglas] and Dr. Janet van Dyne [Michelle Pfeiffer:] back together again after this family trio have missed Janet for 30 years as she has been stuck in the Quantum Realm. But since she has come back, she has been less than forthcoming with what happened throughout those 30 years and I think we can all understand why, she just wants to move on with her life with her family. But she may want to give them a little heads up with what they may or may not come up against like Kang the Conqueror/multiple versions of Kang [Jonathan Majors:] because this film is heavily about his back story and present all I will say here is this is not a character that you want to mess with and not forgetting his disciple Darren Cross/Yellowjacket/M.O.D.O.K.: Mental/Mobile/Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing" and yes I always forget this acronym as well, likewise I can't tell you too much because it gets shown in this film since we had last seen this individual in the first Ant-Man film in 2015.

The frame work and pacing for this 125 minutes film is good; I am not being disrespectful when I just say good, this is one of those structures that just has to be solid and reliable for the film to run as there is lots happening in some description all the time.

There is a lot to discuss so let's get on with it; the art is quite clear to see as someone walking out of the cinema as I was going in with the person I watch some of these films with as this individual was discussing things with his friends; making reference to the Star Wars high qualities [I feel comfortable suggesting not the first golden trilogy,] on my opinion no one can touch it. But also you have the MCU [Marvel Cinematic Universe] imprint and I should imagine they would have no problem with connected to the Star Wars franchise, because it should indicate to them that they were on the right track from generally speaking eye-catching art which is easy to settle down with, living buildings [yes I did say living buildings] and interesting character designs for an example I'm going to go with the description name of broccoli character.

Moving on to the action: likewise it has the Star Wars style conflicts sequences which I have no problem with, we also have multiple Scott Lang/Ant-Man or just Scott Lang creating something like the game barrel of monkeys, but the version in this film is like ants working together to achieve their objectives, without giving too much away to get back to their daughter Cassie. Now to cover my back I think I know a pinch about Kang the Conqueror, there is something in the back of my head saying I can't say I don't know him, but I can't say I know the basics either, when I have a few minutes I must go and do some research on where we are in the MCU. But for here and now I can reassure you that at one point or another you don't show what he is capable of.

Comedy, character developments and performances: this is where things get a little bit negative, meaning if someone wanted to be negative including myself this sequel give you plenty to work with and I feel comfortable saying plenty which I will explain in due course. Quaz [William Jackson Harper:] a telepath so of course we have this back and forth between Scott Lang/Ant-Man/Giant Man and Quaz: on them first meeting where in a nutshell and paraphrasing Quaz says stop thinking of that and all that we're everything Scott Lang/Ant-Man/Giant Man thinks and then tries to say it but it gets cut off by Quaz. Darren Cross/M.O.D.O.K. vs. Cassie: with this fun and creative action sequence where by the end Cassie and Darren Cross/M.O.D.O.K. talk about him being a dick; yes some of these comedy moments with Darren Cross/M.O.D.O.K. can be funny from time to time.

But here is the massive problem even though I am slightly going to contradict myself here for basically giving it some praise and then being incredibly negative about it. How can I put this: does everyone remember the controversy/backlash with Iron Man 3 2013 with Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery as Mandarin? [On a quick side note; I know since then they have tried to fix it in some way or another.] But you would think they wouldn't ever, ever, ever attempt to do something like this again wouldn't you? Well all I can say is that least they gave it roughly 10 years; because Darren Cross/M.O.D.O.K. outer shelling looks fantastic and his accessories, but what with his personality and his inner not for me, as I said to the person I watched this film with " Maybe they had to make him more kid friendly." [The person I watched this film with was freaked out by this version anyway,] so if you have seen this film or you haven't seen it yet then you are outraged or disgruntled that they screwed up this character. I can completely support your opinion, maybe someone doesn't like the Mandarin or/and M.O.D.O.K. at Marvel Studios, because as things are will never going to see this beautiful chemistry between these two characters so when I said plenty I can't believe that they have basically but differently done the same thing again.

Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror/multiple versions of Kang; just slots in perfectly to the MCU with a strong character and performance; hopefully at minimum you should pick up some nominees for this performance, the rest of the character developments are good and the cast all have good chemistry and finally I should point out Bill Murray makes his MCU debut as Lord Krylar.

This film receives: 8/10, this film is excellent; but as I have illustrated it does have a massive problem and for those people that have read my content before, nowadays I tend to adapt how I out leaves things depending on what I have just seen, so in this case it was easier/a lot less complicated if I was just to talk about things on the whole, but slowly rotates through them. But back to this project it progresses excellently, just a quick heads up it has two ending credit scenes one at the end of each section of credits and it even has when this content was first dictated 1 Nominee accredited to its name of Guild of Music Supervisors Awards 2023 GMS Award Best Music Supervision for a Trailer (Film) Sanaz Lavaedian Marina Polites

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment