Sunday 29 January 2023

Recommendation of: WWE Royal Rumble 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE Royal Rumble 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Disclaimer/Blood warning/Legal dispute reference: there is flashing/colourful effects throughout. Disclaimer I have never or are likely to be a professional wrestler.

Men's Royal Rumble Match; 30-Man Royal Rumble Match for a Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match at WrestleMania 39/2023: I don't have any problems with this match/match slot it was lots of fun, but it had been circling online that is to say for legal reasons which Michael Cole makes reference to they weren't going to mention a new tag team name consisting of Drew McIntyre & Sheamus and yes or people that know what I'm talking about yes that name. But it gets mentioned a few times in some capacity. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight; Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match: for the next two sections of this Premium Live Event it becomes without giving too much away The Bray Wyatt Show, which I have no problem with whatsoever and you can tell by the way that Triple H. was very much in control of this event just based on the storyline telling, because there is no way in hell Mr. McMahon would put this level of storytelling or allow in some capacity in these matches/match slots. But back to here and now the storytelling is amazing, the match itself is somewhat creative to a certain extent, but it goes how you think it would go. This match/match slot receives: 9/10.

Alexa Bliss vs. Champ Bianca Belair; Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: this match is the weakest on the card by some distance, I mean it was good, it does what it is designed to do, if it was known by was beginning to fall asleep, but once again and tell me if you've heard this already but yet again because of the match slot storyline it boosts the up the match/match slot up by one and woke me up again. This match/match slot receives: 7/10

Women's Royal Rumble Match; 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match for a WWE Raw or SmackDown Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 39/2023: like the men's I have no problem with this; it was hard fought contest and if the new hierarchy were smart, they couldn't shouldn't be any more happier with how this match/match slot went down. Because mostly everyone looked better for being involved in this match/match slot and where the smart comment comes into it is basically this is one of the golden opportunities where as I have already referenced because mostly everyone looks good for being here, they could use this opportunity to have a hard reset on the women's divisions in general, so please WWE don't waste this opportunity and if you want to think about it; it couldn't have happened at a better time based on it is the beginning of 2023 and I'm sure they have some kind of plans in place for WrestleMania 39/2023 already, but it is much better to have a thriving division of any gender in any wrestling promotion for good competition and hopefully not, but you never know wrestlers of any gender unfortunately get injured, so sometimes you may need to use plan B or even C. and blood warning at some point here.

Kevin Owens vs. Champ The Bloodline's Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman & Sami Zayn;] Singles Match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championships: full disclosure I watched this match/match slot the next day, because I was just burned out from doing content nothing against this wrestling event. This match/match slot will get what it is given which I will leave on that later, but first I need to point out some things. I am now convinced that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will be a part of WrestleMania 39/2023, before you get your hopes up I am thinking of a Special Guest Referee or another official capacity only. Because we have Reigns performing a Rock Bottom and Michael Cole making reference to it on commentary. I do partly believe that Johnson may be too busy to get into ring shape, but then again it is WrestleMania 39/2023 in Hollywood and you can't not have one of the biggest wrestlers/movie stars/TV stars to not be on the card in some capacity.

It is very true I don't watch the WWE TV programming product, in a nutshell I can either create content or watch TV. But however this is completely speculation and opinion based. Now as WrestleMania 40/2024 is relatively right around the corner; they need something massive for this milestone event and I am beginning to get the feeling of 2012 where basically we had John Cena vs. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at WrestleMania 28/2012 where for the younger wrestling fans we actually had a year of building up from WrestleMania 27/2011 to the following year. So as you can see it has been many moons since they have used this formula and yes I know Cena vs. Johnson had a rematch at the following year's WrestleMania 29/2013 for the WWE Championship but either way it is still quite a few years since they have used this formula so they should bring it back for Johnson vs. Reigns.

But back to here and now there is one comment on commentary which I am not being a snowflake or easily upset. But I have to be honest I did find it a poor choice of words from Cory Graves where on commentary; Michael Cole makes reference to the fact that Reigns hasn't been pinned in over three years. Graves: " It is difficult to fathom particularly in this business" [a moment or two later] "There are some careers that don't last three years in the WWE, careers let alone title reigns." I may have not got this down all correct, but just to cover my back this is pretty much what he says. Which I find in bad taste because of the amount of releases that the WWE has done throughout the recent years [which they financially didn't have to do] including impending releases at some point in the future. Then you have Cory Graves safely behind his desk bringing it up on commentary, with or without someone saying it in his headset, I don't care who says it; it is in bad taste and yes I know, I am fully aware the wrestling business is a business, but I think we can all agree or the vast majority of us can agree the way the WWE continues to do business such as Oh I don't know a hostile takeover of yes Mr. McMahon''s promotion, but The Board of Directors back then unanimously declined to have him back, but by hook or by crook he has got himself back onto  The Board of Directors as of this content he is facing not one, not two but three lawsuits because of this [in the interest of fairness and balance away from the lawsuits no one wants him anywhere near the WWE] and not forgetting this massive detail he also has settled out of court with an ex-referee Rita Chatterton going back years of sexual misconduct [I know what he has roughly done,] meaning I just had to pick softer wording for my content here and not to protect him in the slightest. So as you can see by Graves using the words he did here it is a snowball effect that you don't want to even touch because once you get that ball rolling with someone like me that has some idea of what I am talking about it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But once again back to this match; the final thing I have to bring up is unfortunately Kevin Owens has botch moment, you are roughly looking for when he goes on to the top turnbuckle. I am not criticising this in the slightest, I just hope he is okay, it just looked like one of those heavy falls where he went straight down, but we come to the final stages of this content. It is one of those occasions where yes you can clearly see that I have a lot to say on it, but with taking everything into consideration this closing section is just too strong to give it anything less than what I will give it. This match/match slot receives: 10/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 10/10, well I couldn't give anything less based on the markings that are in front of you, yes it has its problems but the positives are as I have already made reference to; are too strong, so it compensates for the weaknesses.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment