Wednesday 28 December 2022

Emily 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Emily 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is drugs

The black sheep of the Brontë family: Emily Jane Brontë [Emma Mackey] is/was precisely this; as this film takes a look at a section of her life building on to and slightly after her first novel Wuthering Heights in 1847.

The pacing of this 130 minutes film is good; it elegantly and smoothly moves throughout.

Art; the wardrobe, accessories, scenery and so on and so forth also welcomes its audience to spend some time with this cast and in these locations as well.

But our main focus has to be the character developments and the performances; and how these surrounding characters/people [these people being most of her own family] A. Didn't understand or choose to get to know Emily; for being Emily and B. Choosing to actively shame her or I may as well just say it as it is screw her up or screw her over. Don't get me wrong and I don't see this as a bad thing; but she did based on this film see the world differently to others and she comes across as a withdrawn person, which once again based on this film I can understand why with the surrounding characters. I am fully aware I have just said that she was withdrawn, but also she was a wild child if or when she was encouraged or allowed to let her hair down or be herself for these small hours.

Even though this film is set in many years ago, many, many years ago there is a cautionary tale here; of basically allow your children to be themselves and experience life, consequently fingers crossed and with best wishes they should turn out balanced adults okay with some bad experiences may be, but on the whole well adjusted individuals. I just look at Emily and think what could she have achieved with without her family making things difficult for her, I will even meet you halfway by saying if you could have had her happiness back [this will make better sense if or when you watch this film,] for even in comparison for a short time, you never know how this could of affected her outlook in a positive sense.

So good performances from this cast minus Emma Mackey as Emily Jane Brontë; this is an excellent performance, on a little bit of research I now know a little bit about her, but still relatively nothing [full disclosure I have seen her in another film, and I am just very much going off her list of films; Death on the Nile 2022 Link if you are interested https://averagemansreviews2017.blogspot.com/2022/02/death-on-nile-2022-by-averagemansreviews.html . But my point is this; hopefully she can get some more leading roles in films because of this performance. Okay on a little bit more research she will be starring in the upcoming I can't believe I'm going to say this [I do remember now I think it was Ryan Gosling  or Margot Robbie I can’t remember which one or both at different times talking about this film but either way never mind, but I still can't believe it is happening and yes on a quick side note I know there are many Barbie animated feature length projects;] but the upcoming Barbie film as things are scheduled to be released in 2023; Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken.

This film receives: 7/10, this film is good; I was stuck between one number or the other, they both mean good, but I just went with a one on reflection I could justify easier than the other as the other looked a bit too harsh. Yes this film has awards accredited to it such as three awards including Dinard British Film Festival 2022 Best Performance Emma Mackey and 3 Nominees including Frances O'Connor Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival 2022 Official Fantàstic Competition Best Motion Picture.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment