Thursday 28 July 2022

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 41 by AverageMansReview

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 41 by AverageMansReview

Just a heads up: I will not be discussing the Mr McMahon situation here at heart, don't worry I will be covering it at some point but I am just going to wait a little while for things to reveal themselves fully and just taking two seconds to think about it I may deliberately just focus on that topic and nothing else in another Volume, because let's be honest it is a colossal situation and in this Volume I will be discussing both promotions at the same time.

WWE & All Elite Wrestling: because of the Mr McMahon situation, the new era is dawning over not just the WWE but the wrestling industry as a whole. The triangle of Nick Kahn President of WWE & Co-Chief Executive Officer of WWE, Stephanie McMahon [Chairwoman & Co-Chief Executive Officer of WWE and Triple H a.k.a. Paul Levesque [Vice President of Talent Relations & Head of Creative.]

Now between them they have a lot of work to do repairing the systemic and long-term issues of the previous regime, this is just speculation/my opinion I think what they will do of what I've heard as well is make an big impact just to say subliminally "We are/we want to make changes and we will, but for now here is something for you to get your teeth into, but also give us time." Which if you have been following me long enough you know I haven't been liked the majority of this promotion for many, many years minus the legendary Black and Gold brand of NXT [2012-2021,] full disclosure I only mainly heard of it and its reputation and watched so far 2 pay-per-views on it which was under the leadership of Triple H and after his major health Scare [a cardiac arrest in September 2021]I don't want to see him do everything so I should imagine he will keep an eye on NXT, but leave his best friend Shawn Michaels, in control of NXT 2.0. But likewise I should imagine as the second coming of NXT isn't doing that well, they may take this opportunity to change this as well.

I would suggest to them to do something funny like have Triple H [carrying this black bag with something in it] and Stephanie McMahon at WWE SummerSlam, come down to the ring with a trash container where we see Stephanie getting the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships out of this trash container. Triple H opens up this bag to reveal the WWE 24/7 Championship which he throws this in this trash container and if health and safety permitted set it on fire. You see this small token would on one hand be funny but on the other hand it would send a strong message to go “There is a place for women's wrestling here and sorry about this stupid idea."

Moving on it should be noted that even I am going to give this new era time,I mean I was one of those people that were calling for Mr McMahon to step down and Triple H to take over, I am not expecting sudden miracles, but then I am sure they will do this but now and again little things to say or indicate they are making slow progress, I now do believe and I am not in the wrestling community just very much on the outskirts that Bray Wyatt will re-sign with the WWE and anyone else that they want to bring back.

I am not the only one that has said this before but WWE or AEW don't need a mid-season break, what they need is better scheduling as in don't have the same characters/performers/wrestlers doing back-to-back wrestling, even if the wrestlers themselves are saying they are fine, maybe they can do some on-screen work or have a week off and just rotate people in and out, treat your wrestlers like any other sport and I know wrestling is a sport it is just simulated combat. This paragraph is based on the old-age argument of a mid-season break again after both of these wrestling company's in particular have long injury lists. This would be easier or AEW to put in place based on the grounds they have more championships, so the champion's can be rotated in and out.

I am not turning on AEW, because I like them but I would be an idiot if I didn't acknowledge this wrestling promotion is most definitely having problems; straight off the bat if the WWE did this I would be tearing them a new butt hole I have either seen online or actually watched Christian's heel promos for an example reference to Jeff Hardy's situation [I have made my feelings known about Jeff Hardy's situation as in how many more chances does he want,] but these heel promos are quickly becoming one step too far. In fact if I was to be completely honest here if I was a WWE fan of the hard-core variety I would be asking this; what is the difference between what MJF said in that pipe bomb promo [which we haven't seen him for some time] and what Christian is saying in his? Yes and I do know the difference between kayfabe/breaking it, shoot and work. But surely they are both toxic?

Unfortunately we now come on to a main problem with this company; it is unfortunate that they have had major injuries to key wrestlers, but consequently it does show that without these names for long spells and full disclosure again I know I'm not the only one that has said this, but they are stuck in this holding pattern. Which should not be the case based on the grounds that AEW used to use younger talent to push forward with and for some reason they have somewhat moved away from that model, don't get me wrong, they still do the younger talent thing, which if they had stayed focused on this and they would have been able to somewhat deal with this unforeseen situation better than what they have or just to cover my back if they have younger talent on their programming which is not on UK TV programming, but show talent or if it was younger talent on an AEW contract anyway why didn't they push more through to show us what they can do and to get away from this holding pattern thing going on, I am aware that they had to focus on pay-per-views or their miniature pay-per-views TV programming, but I hope they have learnt from unfortunately being in this situation with many injuries to try and handle things better next time or make it a ever present thing just using younger talent so they get more experienced and consequently when someone goes down with an injury the younger talent can take the opportunity.

On top of this you have another main problem of ROH including the Jonathan Gresham situation which if it is how things are going for anyone to go to the management three; they will have to seriously sort this out and quick, because the talent deserves better.

I just get the feeling that 2022 has been a steep learning curve for AEW, so there is lots to work on like the WWE, but if AEW don't address these problems and others then these problems will just grow and get out of hand, so let's hope things don't get that far.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment