Monday 21 March 2022

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 38 by AverageMansReview

The Building of: WWE vs. All Elite Wrestling Volume 38 by AverageMansReview

Just a heads up: I will be interconnecting these two wrestling promotions at some point.

Hey Yo! Let's get down to business: the WrestleMania 38/2022 pay-per-view card looks like garbage, don't get me wrong based on the look of the women's matches they look to be the only positives on why at some point I would want to review this pay-per-view. Because at least their matches have a WrestleMania quality to them [granted I haven't seen any of the build up, but based on their face value, they looked to be positive.]

But on the men's side of things, minus Edge vs. AJ Styles and Stone Cold and K.O [whatever they have planned,] as things stand on Sunday 20/03/2022 the rest of this card does get a no thank you from me.

Now on to Cody Rhodes frankly he and his wife can fudge off. Now let's talk about this properly and why I can happily say what I have just said, even if at some point they or Cody comes back to AEW, I would find it near to impossible to welcome them back and this is not a petulant person discussing this, this would be a real adult with very deep reasons.

So for roughly 3 years or more Cody is one of the founding members of this wrestling revolution known as AEW, for the past 3 years or more he rides the coattails of the WWE every possible opportunity he gets in AEW and because he doesn't get the money he wants [because he isn't getting a top guy money; this is a very old wrestling terminology; it comes from the WCW days, it is pretty explanatory really; if you were a top guy you would get top money and over the past months I have learned from a reliable source that; that for an example if the WCW brought in new guy in on higher money, the top guys would get a pay increase to match.] Which clearly is an unsustainable way to do business as we clearly no from W CW ceasing in 2001 and purchased by the WWE and I don't care if CM Punk or Bryan Danielson are on bigger contracts, because since they have joined AEW they have done everything they can to make AEW a better product. I mean I don't have a problem with Tony Kahn's business dealings it's like for example if I give you this big contract Chris Jericho, you better at the very least justify it and Chris has in fact all three of these names have, so as it relates to Cody I can see why Tony couldn't justify it, because Cody was becoming a liability on some research, he wouldn't turn heel and I get why because of his charity work, but I believe in AEW you don't have to be an out a and out heel or face, they have the space and flexibility to come up with something between both.

I now understand why the AEW fan base were turning on Cody after his AEW Double or Nothing 2021 pay-per-view win over Anthony Ogogo [Sunday 30/05/2021] where Ogogo picked up an injury through this match so the match result had to be changed, this is where the AEW fan base patients ran out, so it isn't Cody's fault here. Just to cover my back I know I put out a tweet in a nutshell saying I don't know why they are booing Cody, but as I have made reference to it I understand it now. But what is his fault is trying to continue pushing the narrative of out and out babyface when an out and out babyface isn't going to be a babyface, you see in reality it will be heel work and not only that the more you try to push this narrative it will get you more negative heat or even worse go away heat, which his wife has also been receiving this go away heat as well and yes if at any point the WWE turn him heel I will be finding this hilarious.

The thing is he could have been a real guy or the guy at AEW that showed by an example that I believe in what we are doing in AEW and I want to remain pushing this wrestling revolution, so I will sign this contract not for myself but to show true leadership and to show our younger talent/wrestlers that not everything is about money, it is about building something with your career.

I should point out providing this they leave on good/professional terms, I have no problem with other AEW talent going to the WWE, for another example if you have MJF towards the ending of his career saying I don't know how long I have left in my career but I really want a WrestleMania moment and the money the WWE is willing to offer me is massive. Tony Kahn/wrestling fans of AEW and I mean real wrestling fans would understand it is all about those moments in your career and WrestleMania is something the WWE can offer anyone. So Tony Kahn would probably say go get your WrestleMania moment and you are welcome back any time. I mean Cody could have done something like this if it was motivated by wrestling and not money and including not taking a shot at the WWE every opportunity he got on AEW programming/pay-per-views, I mean I would have still had a little problem with it, but I would have understood it based on wrestling first and the money came second yes I am not stupid go and make millions, but as long as it is wrestling motivated first that would have been fine, if he generally and honestly feels like he has unfinished business with the WWE and if he is generally going to retire when he say she will by the age of 40 [I will discuss this momentarily later on.]yes I am trying to give Cody a couple of minutes of benefit of the doubt here, but even though I have said all of this I can now turn around and squash that benefit of doubt by simply pointing out this ever so tiny detail if Tony gave Cody the contract he wanted we wouldn’t be discussing this situation.

But when everything is said and done in Cody Rhodes career, his particular legacy will be someone that could have really built something with his career okay if he didn't want to stay with AEW fair enough, he could've done anything else but what he has actually done which is basically sold out [yes I know this terminology gets thrown out a lot in wrestling,] but I can see at some point years down the line of content creators making lists of top 10 wrestlers who sold out and he will the new number one.

And what for millions of dollars and going back to somewhere where he is fully aware that they don't treat their talent right, if I should have some people reading this that say "Why are you making such a big deal out of this? He has the right to do whatever he wants to do in his career/life and he has always said he wants to retire at 40 years old."

Yes this is true he has the right to do what every he likes, but unfortunately I come from the real world where any person is as good as their word or character so as I said somewhere near the beginning of this he has been riding the WWE curtails for 3 years or more and when something doesn't go his way he goes with his tail between his legs back to the company which he has been riding for all these years because of money and yes I am aware for roughly 6 months he has been wrestling at AEW without a contract and what I say to that is never mind, if he wanted to show real leadership he should have signed the fudging AEW contract in the first place and so what Tony Kahn is the President and CEO/Head of Creative/other positions [I know he has many job titles,] which I have no problem with this for one good reason it is his money, so if this put Cody's nose out of joint I think someone better grow up and I have just realised he is just re-signed with the WWE which is run by somebody that under no circumstances will have anything less than 100% control and if you think for one second Cody will not wrestle when he reaches 40; when this was being dictated he is roughly 36 years old, I have a feeling if the money is correct 40 is just a number.

I will always have respect for the Rhodes family name and that will never change, but Cody and Brandi well that is a completely different story.

I am disinterested in what Cody does now as far as I'm concerned the only fitting return for him at this year's WrestleMania is being a new inductees to a very limited group of people of Kiss My Ass Club; book that for WrestleMania, because this is what Cody has done anyway so they may as well make it a literal thing.

AEW will be absolutely fine, unlike the WWE they build up their talent to move on in the present and the future.

I really like how AEW fulfil their contracts in the sense of if their talent contract expires they are free to go, so there is none of this re-signing just so that you have this talent on their books and have no intention of using them, but I would recommend now Tony Kahn has purchased ROH [Ring of Honour] he puts a possible option in his talents contracts where both parties can still work together, because they may be really happy and they want to stay around each other, where the talent could take bookings outside of AEW but also work for ROH or completely switched their contract to ROH, basically flexibility let's put real meaning behind these words of independent contractor, that way Tony can balance the books of okay the AEW roster is looking a bit big and he has said there will become a time where there will have to be some releases, but I like the option of options. So maybe moving some younger talent over to ROH to keep an eye on their development or get a good balance of talent in there to build up present and the future stars more, that way hopefully down the line they won't have to spend so much on bringing talent in, don't get me wrong I expect them to still bring in talent now and again but as I have already referenced I like options being options, granted I know the tiniest about ROH, actually the only thing I know is some the biggest and greatest wrestlers of the present have wrestled in this promotion; so as you can tell I would deem this to be a wonderful bit of business from Tony Kahn.

Now there is only one way I can finish this entry and it is by saying sadly and with a heavy heart; Rest In Peace Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall 1958-2022 he made a lasting impact on the world of professional wrestling, you will never be forgotten and remember When you’re NWO, you’re NWO for life.

Additional: Monday 04/04/2022; now usually I wouldn't do this, but in this case I feel it is necessary. Because I have really come to understand I mean I knew it anyway, but I really understand now. Because I have received a little bit of negativity from apparent wrestling fans as it relates to Cody Rhodes and him going back to the WWE and all of that and him taking every opportunity to take a shot at WWE or something like that to reinforce he isn't going back or he can't go back. Now I do understand this little thing called kayfabe, but my problem is even though I understand this wrestling terminology, speculation on my part/mixed in with probable fact that he written his own promos and segments, so based on this theory and off-screen as well to in a nutshell really either poke fun or push he isn't going back over the past three years, then to go back to them.

In simple terminology if he didn't do all of this to the level he did, I wouldn't have a problem obviously I would still have been disappointed, I mean for an example if Kenny Omega wanted a WrestleMania match, he would have to relinquish his Executive Vice President position/role,] then coming back at some point to take back this position/role I wouldn't have a problem with this or anyone else for an example Keith Lee, he may feel one day he still has unfinished business with the WWE, so he may go back which as long as he was likewise civil there is no problem from me so I hope I have made things crystal clear I have very little problem with people going back to the WWE. But however you need to keep this in mind now if Tony Kahn had given Cody Rhodes the deal he wanted has in among the big earners he wouldn't have left AEW and from an outsider's perspective whatever problem Cody couldn't get over in a nutshell it was basically because Tony Kahn is the head chief of AEW, as he should be, just based on it is his money and Cody was under the impression that they were on the same level as he was the guy but the first opportunity he got to prove it he bottled it by not accepting the new AEW contract, but then again the big financial contract from AEW which he was pushing for would have made Cody Rhodes feel much better about his position in AEW wouldn't it. One final thing the wrestlers that has came out and either said or referenced that the wrestling fan base is toxic, I would have to agree with them[just to cover my back I know I have referenced some of this in both the main blog and the additional.]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment