Wednesday 9 March 2022

The Batman 2022 by AverageMansReviews

The Batman 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there are flashing effects/colourful effects/stabbing/shooting/drugs/medical/suicide/animal cruelty

Like the rise of a Phoenix, we shall have a new Batman gliding with great velocity: Bruce Wayne as Vengeance/Batman [Robert Paterson] is trying to clean up the streets of Gotham City, but he is doing things on a very small scale compared to  Edward Nashton/Riddler [Paul Dano.] But don't worry Batman will find a little bit of companionship with this cat Selina Kyle/Catwoman [ZoĆ« Kravitz] but like all cats she is going to do what she likes, when she likes or at the very least attempts to, but hey never mind at least he has Alfred Pennyworth [Andy Serkis] and Lt. James Gordon [Jeffrey Wright] for the GCPD [Gotham City Police Department] either has his best interests at heart or they have got his back.

The pacing for this 175 minute film is excellent, on reflection now I have had time to think about it, for small moments the film loses its pace, but this is because the director [Matt Reeves] maybe wanted to explore or concentrate or anything other, but anyway you get my point, it just takes a little bit of adjusting to. I mean it is his vision and version. I mean every reincarnation of is different, but the best versions of this vigilante has the dark tones [it would be quicker and so much easier if I said the one that didn't have this and that would be George Clooney's version Batman & Robin 1997; yes I know it has dark bits and pieces but compared to the rest of Batmans it's like Diet Coke] and I am refusing to put the Adam West version next to the George Clooney version, because every Batman fan should put him in an honourable mention, for back in the day they made it with a comic book presentation and feel, if I had time I would watch the TV program and I still have the 1966 film in my many DVD/Blu-ray stacks.

But I digress back to this film, the visual representation of this project on a whole is amazing, as I have already made reference to there is this dark tone from the very beginning to the very end of this project and the accompanying background music as it combines with the visual to take its viewers from our world into there's. The Batman costume is I would say spot on for the age of this character [in his 30s and still new to this crime-fighting lifestyle,] so it can look like a finished article for now, because it is fit for purpose, but in the next film, I have no doubt they will do this, but there should be some adaption to show how times have changed and how he has changed, I also like the Batman vehicles the same statement applies to them as it relates to his suit.

Likewise on reflection there is crime fighting, don't get me wrong on the action sequences are also is imaginative, hard-hitting and positive [ but as I have already made reference to one action sequence already in this somewhere I will leave it there,] but the director based on my viewing experience wanted to go with more time with investigation, clues and solving them and so on, so the viewers/audience gets this an excellent variety of Bruce Wayne/Vengeance/Batman doing his thing under which name is best suited at that time [I know Vengeance and Batman are basically the same character, but work with me here, You know what I'm trying to say here.]

Comedy; yes we even have moments of comedy which fits in nice and smoothly and more importantly appropriately for this film. Oswald "Oz" Cobblepot/Penguin [Colin Farrell] now and again brings a bit of comedy, I mean there are other moments with other characters, but listen/watch out for this character.

These characters and performances are incredibly developed and refined as in they know who they are, but like as people they have space and time to develop and grow, to go alongside this; this is very much a cast performance, because of the way this film has been designed if they are were any performers just wanting to put anything less than what they put in yesterday for any reason and no one would notice, unfortunately it would be incredibly easy to feel and spot that is how high everyone's performance is be it a small or medium or large role, which if or more like when they come out with a sequel would be a very daunting task indeed for anyone new into this potential pick up the mantle from this film and to continue this incredibly high standard which has been set by this film.

This film receives: 10/10, this film is lots of fun; now this is for people that haven't seen this film yet, unfortunately this film is very much built for the big screen experience so you will have to go to the cinema to see it or you have a massive TV at your disposal.

But now we move on to a very small but infuriating irritation, to cover my back I don't know how long UK cinemas are going to do this but they don't do trailers at the moment with this film or they could be doing it for this film based on its time length of roughly 3 hours, but however because of this and I am a disabled individual, it takes me roughly 15 minutes throughout the whole task to go to the bathroom, so I can't go or I dare not go depending how things go. But as it relates to this film, I sat through the ending credits for this less than two seconds scene followed by this trailer of what the DCEU [DC Extended Universe] has coming up in 2022 so I was not too impressed by this. [Additional the day after the review went up; Which I have been reliably informed/I have also done my research, that The Flash and the Aqua man sequel has been put back until 2023, So I am just saying Maybe next time make sure these dates are nailed down 100% first or maybe not come out with this trailer of film film titles you have coming out soon, just in case something goes pear shaped in or out of their control, which in hindsight makes this trailer a complete waste of time, let's keep in mind I had been sitting in the cinema for roughly 3 hours and I needed to go to the bathroom. But on a connecting subject the Shazam sequel has been moved forward until 16/12/2022; back to the review] So if any films are going to be this length in the future from this company can they please do us the common courtesy to put the extra scenes before the ending credits or at least after the first batch of ending credits. This film not too surprisingly has been nominated for some awards as things are here and now; 3 Nominees at the same award event/ceremony; Golden Trailer Awards 2021; Golden Trailer Award; Best Teaser, Best Motion/Title Graphics and Best Sound Editing, but after everything is said and done it should at least have some more nominees to its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment