Friday 25 February 2022

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: NWA/WCW Starrcade '83: A Flare for the Gold 24/11/1983 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: NWA/WCW Starrcade '83: A Flare for the Gold 24/11/1983 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Chosen by: Me; I have never seen a Starrcade pay-per-view, so I was thinking I would start at the beginning.

Briefly things to know: this pay-per-view begins straight away at the beginning of this match

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects. Disclaimer I have never been or likely to be a professional wrestler.

Match/Stipulation: The Assassins [Assassin #1 & Assassin #2 with Paul Jones] vs. the Mid-Atlantic Champion Rufus R. "Freight Train" Jones & Bugsy McGraw McGraw: Tag Team Match

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 5/10

Match Storyline: 5/10

Crowd Participation: 10/10

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Gordon Solie 6/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 6/10

Recommend Watch: 5/10

Match Total: 37/60 - this match is good.

Comments: this match is what it is as you can see by these attribute marks. Solie mispronounces Tony Schiavone, by saying Tony Shthoney when he says and exert "Barbara Clary and Tony Shthoney will be interviewing competitors and fans alike."

A cameraman drops his camera too quick from this shot as we are watching this match from a certain perspective [you are basically looking for Jones going in for a pin and suddenly the camera shot drops and then we quickly go to a different perspective.] Now I really don't like this sounds of these ropes and no I am not a professional wrestler and I am very much aware this was back in the 1980s. But still when these wrestlers run off these ropes or anything like that; you will hear this noticeably unpleasant sound as if the ropes are just about coping with what they are being asked to perform.

I have two final things to say; the first thing is the the Mid-Atlantic Champion at a brief glance looks like a good championship by design and after doing some brief research yes it looks good with a basic description a brown strap and five plates four plates of the places it represents and bigger plate in the middle that has Mid-Atlantic Championship on it and finally I have a feeling that the crowd participation is going to be a massive plus to the all-round spectacle of this pay-per-view and viewing experience as you can see already they are already getting 10/10, I know it is the first match, but in the interest of fairness and balance and not discrediting or devaluing this match but it is just a tag team match and the crowd participation is as I have already said 10/10.

Basic Result: The Assassins [Assassin #1 & Assassin #2 with Paul Jones] go over here.

Briefly things to know:

* Bob Caudle & Gordon Solie: fallout of this match, introduced themselves and talk about this pay-per-view.

* Tony Schiavone: the first member of our interviewing team; interviewer reporting from the dressing room throughout this pay-per-view

* Tom Miller: ring announcer introducing the next match

New approach: I decided to change these sections to slimline these blogs, I had the idea relatively early on in my previous pay-per-view review Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE WrestleMania I 31/03/1985, but I had already began this pay-per-view, so I said to myself after this pay-per-view we will slimline it somehow and I came up with this idea soon after to somewhat speed things up a little. Don't get me wrong I am not a lazy content creator, but it was taking me too long in the previous way of doing things.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment