Tuesday 22 February 2022

Dog 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Dog 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/medical/animal cruelty/shooting/drugs. Disclaimer I am not a medical professional, so any reference to PTSD is basically what I know about it or how it represents itself in this film.

This is far from an out and out comedy: this film focuses on  U.S. Army Ranger Staff Sgt Jackson Briggs [Channing Tatum] has he has got to go and take Lulu [Britta, Lana 5, and Zuza] a Belgian Malinois military working dog to this funeral for her previous handler and his friend Sgt Riley Rodriguez [Eric Urbiztondo.] But between U.S. Army Ranger Staff Sgt Briggs and Lulu they have individually massive problems; U.S. Army Ranger Staff Sgt Briggs simply put has debilitating concussion and is doing this task to hopefully get his Captain Jone [Luke Forbes] to basically support/back him to say he is okay to continue his military life in some capacity, so he has to do this job to maybe get his Captain and Lulu has very clearly PTSD the dog version.

The pacing is fundamentally sound, this is one of those occasions where it knows what it is doing and gets on with it. This film is about the military or anyone that has served their country as it relates to knowing when or if it is time to rotate back to the real world and move on to the next stage of their life and yes unfortunately it does show and talk about what happens to people or dogs that cannot or struggle back to the real world, which swiftly moves me onto the standout performances of this film even though it is a relatively small part Noah [Ethan Suplee] with Nuke, Lulu's brother [Noah and Nuke are ex-service personnel of the same squad as Briggs and Lulu, unfortunately after a quick research I did not find or could not find Nuke's real name apologies for that.]

But through Noah and Nuke screen time either individually or together they show and in the case of Noah he talks about in a nutshell am paraphrasing here, it can be done to live in the real world and I should point out Noah has young children, I bring this up because it shows that in some cases potentially dangerous dogs can be re-educated to be themselves again, in fact Noah gets a hug from Lulu which shows her core nature before having PTSD, when she was originally serving her country with Rodriguez, Briggs and Noah as Lulu and Noah clearly remember one another with this Lulu hug.

Yes I did say this film is This is far from an out and out comedy" but having said that, this film does have some scenes of comedy which are good, but they are mostly in the trailer [depending on which trailer you have seen, I am speaking generally;] they are good and the same can be said for the character developments and the performances; there is good chemistry between U.S. Army Ranger Staff Sgt Briggs and Lulu.

This film receives: 8/10, this film is excellent; it transparently highlights that more should be done to help our servers personnel including the four-legged variety [I say the next bit without no judgement or anything like that,] but it also as I have already made reference to highlights whenever these service personnel get the feeling or it is time to rotate back to the real world, taken as a sign whenever it comes my service time is up and if it is necessary I need to go and seek some kind of assistance so I can move on to the next phase of my life I should take it or separate myself from the person I was in my service time to the person I am and want to be again, I just want to finish off by saying again there is no judgement here.

No comments:

Post a Comment