Monday 15 February 2021

The Marine 6: Close Quarters 2018 by AverageMansReviews

The Marine 6: Close Quarters 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/impaling/breaking of body parts/stabbing/cutting of the neck/drowning/characters on fire/electrocution/vomiting/medical procedure/shooting in the head

Storyline: it is straightforward and dull; the pacing is likewise dull; it's like you are waiting for this film to get going, but it never gets going with any kind of gusto, it just drifts along; so basically there is a lot of dullness straight off the bat here.

Action/Comedy: this is one example of these two components going hand-in-hand the rest are little elements in the dialogue exchange; we have Taylor/Maynard sending these sandbags down this shoot on top of Trapper/Michaels as he, "The Miz" Mizanin/Carter and Sarah Dillon/Connolly-Burnham are escaping from this location, so two buy "The Miz" Mizanin/Carter and Sarah Dillon/Connolly-Burnham more time Trapper/Michaels tries to take as many sandbags with a strained face he can before giving way with the classic long yell on the way down with a pointed ending and the end of his journey; with a dialogue exchange involving all three of these Characters/Performers in this scene as well.

Action individually; Trapper/Michaels vs. "The Miz" Mizanin sparring or Trapper/Michaels vs. Maddy Hayes/Lynch.

Comedy individually; this particular comedy element gets referenced more than once in this project where Trapper/Michaels doesn't want to die wearing this T-shirt that says "Grandma Of A Honor Student" [full disclosure I had to replay this a little amount of times to read this, I am dyslexic and this T-shirt looks to be a little bit worn, but I think I have gotten it right or a good 90% of what I can see.]

Art: this raccoon is pretty and the reflections of this building and its surrounding buildings reflecting on this nearby river.

Characters/Performances: including on-screen chemistry, generally speaking I would say on all three counts it is something safe and reliable. But now on to Becky Lynch as Maddy Hayes; I would suggest she puts her wrestling career on hold unless the WWE give you an irresistible pay increase and time off like Lesnar.

Because as far as I can see she could make money [or potentially more money eventually in other roles; unless the WWE pay her something like $4.7 million a year for the next three years with an extra month off spread over the year [major Pay-Per-Views are prohibited to take off unless of injury or something unforeseen of a personal nature] with an option of a year extension with the WWE to be the first in line to sit down and talk to her about re-signing; on a little bit of research I have seen the figure of $3.1 million so let's work under that theory, so yes she is already the highest paid; but in short she is a big deal and should be treated as such; but there is a pay gap between most of the male talent and female talent, this needs to be addressed, because it is now 2021 and be them female or male [yes there are male talent that are getting paid peanuts [I have researched this a little] just like the female talent but not as bad, but I don't see anything changing until the big cheese of this company dies, I'm not being disrespectful if anything I am being truthful because the individual I am speaking of Mr. McMahon will never willingly let go of his power; if you have been following me long enough you know I tried to be balanced to the best of my abilities. But I digress Maddy Hayes/Lynch/Quinn would get less injuries by doing films and TV programs; I do believe that there is more to come from her as a film or TV performer, in this project she has a consistent role, this has nothing to do with Lynch, you know you have to work with what you have been given, I'm just saying I would have used her more than what they did in this film. But as you can probably tell from my perspective and what I have said so far there is lots more potential to come from her and from working on this film we did get the wrestling gimmick of Becky Lynch "The Man" and not forgetting she is working on writing a book or books entitled “Toast and Me. A Study in Seven Volumes.” Under her real or name of Rebecca Quinn so my career advice to her is firstly enjoyed being a first time Mother [Father and FiancĂ© Colby Lopez/WWE's Seth Rollins] and go and explore your of options before coming back into the WWE Universe.

This film receives: 5/10, this film is mixed; to be more precise it is an ordinary action film title, but as I have already referenced to in this Review/Blog; this could and should be a potential steppingstone for Becky Lynch a.k.a. Rebecca Quinn onto other projects hopefully in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment