Sunday 21 February 2021

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWE Elimination Chamber 23/02/2014: Match 6/Part 6 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWE Elimination Chamber 23/02/2014: Match 6/Part 6 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Just a heads up: as everyone should know by now I don't use adult language in my content, but I do use softer versions of what I mean.

Match/Stipulation: Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio: Singles Match

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 4/10

Match Storyline: 4/10

Crowd Participation: 9/10

On Commentary: John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Michael Cole & Jerry Lawler 5/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 4/10

Recommend Watch: 4/10

Match Total: 30/60 - this match is mixed

Comments: this is one of those occasions where I think the Crowd Participation was just too hot for this match; it is a blend of this Crowd were enthusiastic, but also taking a dump on this match by doing a role reversal on who they should be cheering for and booing for in this match mixed in with chants for Boo-tista, Lesnar, Bryan, RVD, Y2J, CM Punk and booing in this match, these chants are in no particular order; I have to admit I don't see this as a negative, I really don't; yes obviously I acknowledged that this can be seen quite clearly as a negative. But this Crowd were right on the button; they from the outset of this pre-match and match they just knew it was going to be a match Pay-Per-View slot filler, so they decided to remain enthusiastic and make this loud atmosphere to keep this party going even when this match is so not worthy of being on this Pay-Per-View Card and this Crowd knew it so they made fun of it and made their feelings known; but then again the WWE like to fight against their Universe.

Racism on commentary; in short Lawler; "I hear Del Rio ring tone is La Cucaracha?" Layfield ; "I think it is, because I hear that, because I call him all the time." [I should point out I hear Layfield finding this funny in his dialogue pitch when he is saying this line;] basically most of me is damaged in some way but my hearing is not. Followed up with Lawler; "The next time it you speak to him [referring to Del Rio] why Mexicans don't eat the beans the first time they fry them."

Full disclosure; I don't know what this beans reference means, but I am smart enough to know this is a racial slur or an insult. I don't care if this is them saying these things off their own back or they are being told to say these things from backstage [through their headsets,] but with Layfield being amused I should imagine [this is just speculation on my part] this is them saying these things. With Michael Cole talking about the match, but he does make a little sound effect which indicates possibly being a little bit amused mixed in with swiftly moving on whilst talking about the match.

I don't know about you; but that is what I want with my wrestling a side order of an average of three middle-aged Caucasians using at minimum racial slurs or insinuations or racism [and for those that cannot pick up sarcasm; I am being sarcastic here.]

Basic Result: Batista picks up the W.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment