Monday 2 November 2020

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE Survivor Series 26/11/1987: Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews – Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE Survivor Series 26/11/1987: Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews – Spoiler Alarm!

Introduction: welcome to my new content; in short I was going to do this top trumps style for every match in one blog for one Pay-Per-View then it quickly dawned on me how long this would take me to put together, I quickly came up with a smaller chunk process and this is how it turned out. I should just point out I am here to talk about wrestling and when it applies not the outside world so just for two names The Fabulous Moolah and Chris Benoit.

Top Trumps: if you don't know this card game; in a quick description you have these cards in your hands [divide the cards equably between the players;] someone picks a category and whomever has the highest stat/attributes in this category wins the card; the winner is the person holding all the cards at the end of the game

Match/Stipulation: Captain: Randy "Macho Man" Savage [with Miss Elizabeth,] Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, and Ricky" The Dragons" Steamboat vs. Captain; the Intercontinental Champion The Honky Tonk Man [with Colonel Jimmy Hart/"Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart,] "Dangerous" Danny Davis, The King Harley Race [with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan,] Hercules, and "Outlaw" Ron Bass: Men's 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match; I know manages and other on-screen characters/performers back at this time had large stables so I have just put the manages or other on-screen characters/performers with who they were announced to come out with or at minimum the closest character/in-the ring performer.

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 6/10

Match Storyline: 6/10

Crowd Participation: 7/10

On Commentary: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse "The Body" Ventura: 10/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 7/10

Recommend Watch: 7/10

Match Total: 43/60 – based on these attributes this is a good match

Comments: this match is good, but gradually it does run out of steam; the crowd are into it, but they to run out of steam, but to compensate for this when you have Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse "The Body" Ventura on Commentary, their Commentary does keep things going and as you can tell by my marking I am not underselling this; hence why in this category this mark.

Basic Result: Team Randy "Macho Man” Savage [with Miss Elizabeth] goes over here, Whenever possible I will not tell you how the result came to be, depending on the Stipulation in question it will be somewhat difficult to avoid this; I just wanted to give myself a little bit of leeway from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment