Wednesday 7 October 2020

Average Extra of: Netflix Indicted By Texas For Cuties 2020 by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Netflix Indicted By Texas For Cuties 2020 by AverageMansReviews

Real Talking Time:

Warning: this blog will contain criminal charges and an unpleasant thought; I have said this just to make an excellent point [you will understand when you get to that point in this blog.]

Well I wasn't planning to do this yesterday; but this topic quickly caught fire and came out of nowhere so here I am.

I mean anyone with a level head could have seen this coming down the pipeline at some point and to be honest I am absolutely delighted, but I sarcastically find it very amusing that Netflix are still defending this project because it has won an Award Sundance Film Festival 2020 - World Cinema - Dramatic Maïmouna Doucouré and they are really holding onto the narrative that it is a social commentary on today's world which unfortunately is the case in a large amount of situations, but from a street-smart individual as myself this defence is incredibly weak.

Do you know how stupid this defence is and sounds? Because we know it happens and you don't need to tell us average people that it is wrong, because guess what we know it is wrong hence why we don't actively take part in it, so stop encouraging people to see it that are concerned about these topics because you are actively or encouraging people to see the exploitation of children, the more I think about it the more I think this is just stupid on top of stupid, so you're going to make this film, about the exploitation of children and social commentary for people that are legal in concerned about these topics, that if they are concerned about these topics, they are not going to watch this film, based on the fact it is something they are 99.9% strongly against so in clarification [you have made a film your target audience isn't going to watch because they are against the topics you are highlighting in this film so whomever gave this project the green light in the first place has just successfully wasted Netflix's money and here is an unpleasant thought given those that actively seek this kind of material easy access to it on their platform so well done there Netflix.

I mean I have brain-damage, but usually a project of any description is made with a target audience in mind and as I have just highlighted the target audience for this film isn't going to watch it, okay some film critics of all backgrounds like myself may watch this film, there is a purpose to why we are watching it.

So yes I have seen this film and briefly it is unbelievably wrong, if I was in control of this project I would have used a lot of simulation shots [this basically means nothing inappropriate is seen on screen but there is enough to get the message over to the viewers and protect the performers in question, I mean I still wouldn't feel overly comfortable dealing with this project, but if it had to be done I would get on with it and make sure everything is clean and everyone is protected.

By the way it is incredibly dangerous for Netflix to have this mind-set or thinking process of "As long as it brings awareness, attention and an award we will give it the green light." I mean now they have no moral standing anything is possible, but these are the charges that Netflix are facing from Tyler County Texas USA;

The indictment states that Netflix has been charged with “promoting material in Cuties film which depicts lewd exhibition of pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child who was younger than 18 yrs of age which appeals to the prurient interest in sex.”

Even from an unbiased perspective or my own perspective, I can't see this ending well for Netflix. Because they are the ones that have provided their own evidence for their own downfall [meaning if they didn't give this film the green light, it wouldn't now be biting them in the posterior.] I know this is a far, far than comical situation but this entire paragraph is comical.

But we will have to wait and see what happens next; hopefully Netflix gets used to make an example of, because I am not a vengeful person but regardless of what society we are in; be it the past, present or future the way this film has been shot and so on has no place in our society, but now to make sure I am being fair and balanced as of this blog is soaring up over 5.64%.]

No comments:

Post a Comment