Monday 30 September 2019

Blackhat 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Blackhat 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, words on screen, background music, cultural elements, mental imagery, yes and no to subtitles being used when another language is being used, quick moving effects, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

The movement as it relates to this project is slow, this film could do with Sonic the Hedgehog with a little harness on; so he can be attached to this film pull it along at some speed.

Storyline/Back stories: on both counts these are okay and this title leaves things on a question mark [what happened next?] The back stories get told to us via dialogue exchanges on a quick side note I am not being lazy, but as I haven't said this in some time, I don't discuss everything in my blogs because I don't like to give everything away and it covers me if I should forget something or didn't pick up on something or anything other.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used, combat, helicopters, small plane, speedboat and explosions. Here is something for you to look out for; our lead character/role uses this axe to break inside something else, but here is the strange thing, for some strange reason he uses the back of the axe and not the front; I mean if I had to break into something or somewhere quickly I would use the front of an axe.

Moving on to the artistic visions there are these inner computers elements, the viewers get to see from the perspective of one of these characters/performers as they are wearing this protective suit, these fishes in their fish tank and these cultural elements of what seems to be a festival, these elements are good.

Character developments/Performances: the character developments are something safe and reliable; the performances are poor, now I don't know what it is about this project, but the chemistry or friction [depending where you are; is depending what you get,] feels manufactured or I can see it, to be fair there are some small elements of chemistry or [when it comes to watching this title you will understand why I am struggling to put my finger on it] it's like there is chemistry/friction but for some reason I find it difficult to get invested in or it isn't there.

This film receives: 3/10, I don't know what to say about this film; I think this project could have had potential if it was quicker, meaning this is all speculation because we don't know how things would've turned out but still it is a valid point nonetheless, if it was quicker may be it would have made these problems less noticeable or maybe this title would have been noticeably better with a bit of get up and go to it; but as it is it is poor.


No comments:

Post a Comment