Wednesday 12 September 2018

Pacific Rim: Uprising 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Pacific Rim: Uprising 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is mixed

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements, background music, words on screen, voice-over elements, quick moving effects, mental imagery, slow-motion effects, yes and no to subtitles being used [it should be noted that the subtitles are yellow and sometimes they clash with the scene underneath them I think the same can be said for the words on screen as well,] time jumps and place jumps.

Storyline: now I am sitting here trying to remember more about this sequel and I can remember some elements, but the more I think about it, the more I think this sequel was potentially designed to build on to another sequel in the future, now I am not saying that there will be a sequel in the future, I am simply basing my opinion on this title [so I could be wrong.] But then again it just feels like this project pretty much covers the background details of not only this sequel, but the potential sequel in the future as well, so in essence if there was to be a sequel in the future they could do a little background work, but could just focus on moving forward with everything else in that title because they had pretty much dealt with the background material here and now, which if The Amazing Spiderman 2 2014 film title has shown us is a really dangerous way to do things simply based on the facts the third film may never be made.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: now I know this is going to sound strange, but it will make sense or hopefully makes sense at some point. Because of the storyline when the action sequences and the artistic visions in those action sequences are being used or in effect, generally speaking I think I like them, I say I think because maybe I was partially switching off mentally because of the storyline which affected my viewing experience of this sequel on these levels as well [in theory it is like saying I know I should be enjoying these two elements, but maybe because of the storyline, my interest in them wasn't either really there or there, But at the same time from an unbiased perspective I know they look good.

Character developments/Performances: the character developments are nothing special, it doesn't matter if they are returning characters or new characters, but in fairness and balance consequently I cannot be too hard on the performers themselves, because briefly they are just making something out of what was given to them, so in a nutshell they range from mixed or somewhere around here to good.

This film receives: 5/10, I don't know what to say about this sequel really other than if there is a sequel [once again I am not saying there will be a sequel,] but they will have to do something big, this is just a suggestion focus on a non-stop action fest/artistic spectacle and make the storyline the final battle kind of thing, that way they can logically justify this sequel and finish off with a trilogy, in the next title for all this groundwork to be worthwhile watching in this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment