Monday 13 August 2018

Death Wish 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Death Wish 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is poor

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, background music, cultural elements, no subtitles when another language is being used, mental imagery this flashback thing, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Comedy level: I don't know what to say about it really, I just don't know whether to see it is funny or irritating, you see on one hand we have this bowling ball [Ten-pin bowling] falling on this character's head which assists our lead role or this gun shop assistant being really happy or generally really upbeat about selling these kinds of weapons and accessories and there are other elements. But on the other hand the original film or the original series of films are not funny in a nutshell I have no idea why this film has these elements in it.

Action sequences: these elements gives this title value, be it weapons being used or our lead role pulling away this carjack with graphic results.

Performances: it is difficult to say really because there are some poor or somewhere around here, whilst there are some that are mixed, while there are some that are good [Willis and D'Onofrio] do have good chemistry, but I don't think this title properly uses this chemistry to its full potential, this is nothing against these two performers in a nutshell these two performers should have been given more time on screen together, I mean if I had these two performers contracted to my project I would put them in positions where if my project didn't go too well for one reason or another, I could rely on these two names to make an impact or make something happen or at the very least carry it with their individual stage presence or together and build their chemistry into the fundamental elements so it could be one or both carrying the baton throughout this title.

This film receives: 3/10, now I do try to be unbiased or balanced in my reviews as much as I can which I am hoping comes across in this review and many others, but this remake is far, far away from the classic Death Wish 1974 version as you can possibly get, don't get me wrong as I have already said Willis and D'Onofrio have good chemistry, I am still somewhat up in the air about the comedy level, in short the comedy level isn't that bad, but as this film is a remake of a film that has no comedy in it; it sticks out, on reflection I took two minutes to think about the mark originally I was going to give this film a 2 but to be balanced and fair I think this mark is better suited and reasonable [it should be noted that it would be interesting to see Willis and D'Onofrio in another project together sometime down the line.]



No comments:

Post a Comment