Wednesday 15 August 2018

Boomerang 1992 by AverageMansReviews

Boomerang 1992 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is mixed

Fundamental elements: there is background music, cultural elements, no subtitles when another language is being used, but in one scene one character says what she said in another language in English after, time jumps and place jumps.

Comedy level: I don't know what I am going to say about it, because it really doesn't give me too much to work with, okay there is a character that has two signs [one on the front and one on the back of this cardboard in words, I don't know if it was cardboard but I think you get the point,] mature conversations about sex or actions related to sex which I don't exactly feel comfortable leaving an example here of this; but these two characters saying something to the effect of goodbye or good night in different languages this is something I can point out as funny.

Performances/Character developments: now for most parts the performances are difficult to call, now don't get me wrong there are some poor performances generally speaking anyway, but this is one of those occasions where it could be the performances or the character developments of their characters or a mixture of both, I have come to this conclusion simply based on the facts that somewhere later on in this project it does get better; there is growth and substance to this project.

This film receives: 4/10, I think the biggest problem that this title has is; it misses around for too long and without giving too much away fit in the substance and growth of this title in roughly the final quarter [it should be noted this is a guess and I wasn't keeping track of the time,] but my point is this; if it tried to extend the substance and growth, this title would have most probably been given a higher mark from me, as things currently stand there is maybe four different marks I could give this title, it just depends what section of it you're watching really,  but let's try leaving this review on a positive; Halle Berry as Angela Lewis, the more time this performer/character spends on screen the better this project gets, she has a positive impact on other performers which the more time she spends with them the better the chemistry gets or their performance with or without her [this will make better sense when or if you choose to watch this project or not, let's just say because of her performance/character developments, her impact is felt.]




No comments:

Post a Comment