Monday 5 February 2018

Belly of the Beast 2003 by AverageMansReviews

Belly of the Beast 2003 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is not fun to watch.

Cultural elements/Subtitles/Fundamental core: there are cultural elements in this project now before I continue I would like to make this crystal clear if these elements were not in this project to begin with I wouldn't be discussing them so with that being said at some point or points in this title this film uses voodoo or something like that I believe and there is a lifestyle linked to religion or spirituality or both in this title and before I receive feedback, yes I may have seen other film title that use these kinds of elements and not discuss them, to that I would like to say this;

I have always said I don't discuss every element of every project I review and on top of that I may have said also I tried to limit my amount of controversial elements for an example talking about religion or possibly steer the review away from it, now obviously when it comes to a religious film I will have to talk about religion but still it will be limited, because I am just here to talk about the film or project in question and not to irritate anyone, but as it relates to this title there are enough scenes or bits and pieces for me to say yes there are these elements in this title.

Wow the subtitles are so annoying, there usage throughout is limited, but I have no idea why this is because there are many times where another character is speaking another language and the subtitles are nowhere to be seen and when they are being used, they are small and white, so yes if you have reading difficulties or not a strong reader you will struggle and on a side note I have no proof of this; but I am pretty sure that there has been some form of dubbing in a sequence, like I said I have no proof of this; but then again if you can find it and listen to it carefully but not too carefully, it sticks out like a sore thumb that it isn't the normal voice of the character speaking..

Moving on to the fundamental core, let's begin with the background music, well to be fair sometimes it does its job, while other times I don't think it is being used [I could be wrong, but to be fair to myself as you can clearly see I was taking in quite a lot of information,] but other times it is just there. If I have ever forgotten to mention there are numbers and word or words on screen when I have just said there are words on screen I apologize. But as it relates to this project there is a word on screen with numbers, there are time jumps, place jumps, mental imagery [including this evildoer in fear of this quick imagery -- this will make sense when or if you choose to watch this project] oh yes how could I forget this element the slow-motion effects get used so much that after some time it is just so boring.

Action sequences: there are plenty of weapons being used, combat sequences, a training sequence and for some strange reason our lead character just takes a bottle of water from one location after using the element of stealth quietly going around [then just to take a bottle of water it makes no sense to me,] it is like saying  "I have been here" or at the very least someone has been here. Now there are some elements of an action sequence I did like and in a nutshell it is basically this; gun [bullets] vs. bow and arrow [including a sword,] the close-up elements used look good, the rest of this sequence after these weapons are generally speaking decent, but these elements which I have already discussed are the things that stick out in my mind.

Cast: I don't know what to think of these performances, simply based on everything I have discussed in this review, because on one hand I could say that this cast did good with these elements working against them or on the other hand I could say that their performances generally speaking didn't help things, so with that being said I will bring up one performer/character which does well in this project and leave it there [Byron Mann as Sunti.]

This film receives: 12% approval, to be honest I don't think too much of this title really.

No comments:

Post a Comment