Monday 18 December 2017

Solace 2015/16 by AverageMansReviews

Solace 2015/16 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is good.

Anthony Hopkins as John Clancy/Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Agent Joe Merriweather/Abbie Cornish as Agent Katherine Cowles/Colin Farrell as Charles Ambrose: now yes it is very true I don't usually begin my reviews like this; but this is one of those times where it would make sense to begin this review here. Because individually or in different pairings or groupings these four performers/characters carry this project in one way or another, be it with their dialogue exchanges or stage presence or character developments or something else, let me put it in a nutshell without these four performers this film would be very poor.

Mental imagery/Slow-motion/Background music/
Fundamental core: now don't get me wrong I do understand the purpose of the mental imagery in this project, but with that being said there are some occasions where it does feel too much [meaning too much of it being used,] the slow-motion effects, they do nothing for me. The background music feels pointless and the fundamental core to this project feels and looks good and it knows what it is doing at the beginning of this project, but the more you go forward with it, the more it just feels like it is either losing its shape and flow that everything gets really slow and heavy in its movements.

What really does irritate me about this film would be this; it has or had great potential at the beginning to be an excellent film, but at the end of it, I was thinking some very mixed thoughts  and I am sure there are some other elements to this project which I haven't discussed, but with the mental imagery or anything similar to these elements, it can be difficult to focus on the basic bits and pieces of this title, for one example the storyline I understand it, but there is a little bit of me that thinks if they scaled back the mental imagery or scale everything back a little, the fundamental core and the storyline would have had a little bit of space and time to breathe with these four performers/characters putting in their very good performances this film would have maybe been better than what it is.

This film receives: 60% approval, the reason why I have chosen this percentage of approval, simply put it is down to the four performers/characters I have mentioned at some points in this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment