Wednesday 27 September 2017

Scream 1996 by AverageMansReviews

Scream 1996 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: "What's your favourite scary movie?" Well in reply I would have to say "Not this film that is for sure."

Talking about films: these dialogue exchanges are fun and interesting

Principal Himbry/Randy Meeks: now these are the only two characters that whenever they are on screen [individually] pushed the film forward with a positive nature, it doesn't matter what they are doing or saying, everything they do is right for that scene or sequence as it relates to their character developments and I have to be honest at least these two characters are passionate about things which are important to these characters as people [without giving too much away his job or his interest in films generally speaking.]

Other characters/Death sequences: there will be at one point or another where these characters will irritate you individually or together, I don't know if it is because I have been heavily interested in films for many, many, many years or if it is because this film hasn't aged that well or I just find the icon of this franchise to be a Granddad of the horror genre.

But whatever the case may be I do find these characters to be hard work to watch. The death sequences are a mixed bag of good ideas or everything else, for an example of a good idea [the garage sequence, it shows a level of intelligence from this iconic character of essentially this "Why should I waste my energy when I can just press this button and it will do the work for me"]

Everything else, I can take it or leave it, some of them are good, but some of them are really cheap and tacky looking.

This film receives: 57% approval, this film is mixed, I mean anyone that has ever seen this film will tell you that there are some really good horror moments in this film, but for me I can watch it but after seeing it, maybe going many years without seeing it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment